PDA

View Full Version : HP Pavilion a1700n

craigakane
11-14-2010, 10:18 PM
I recently reinstalled XP PRO when I right click my computer go to properties and then device manager I have a yellow ? for other devices-PCI Device,PCI Simple Communications Controller,unknown device and a yellow ? when I expand universal serial bus controllers for standard openHCD USB Host Controller.What drivers or files do I need I tried right hand clicking them and updating them but it didn't work.Any help is appreciated

steveOtoo
11-14-2010, 11:08 PM
I would go to the HP website and look for drivers. The a1700n came with Vista drivers installed and are the only ones listed. Under Vista drivers for your model i would check out the Storage device driver.

igoreshka
11-15-2010, 12:34 AM
I would delete them all and reboot the computer. It should come back automatically with no exclamation sign. Try it, and let me know.

Terryl
11-15-2010, 12:38 AM
Do your USB ports work??

craigakane
11-15-2010, 01:02 AM
No the USB ports don't work I tried plugging my iPod and nothing that's why I need the drivers for what I have listed I wiped the hard drive clean and re partitioned it and then installed XP pro now I can't remember what files those were and I don't want to install the wrong one so if someone can give me the right names of the drivers I'm looking for then I can find them and then download them

Terryl
11-15-2010, 01:20 AM
If the XP disk doesnt have the drivers you may need a secondary disk supplied with the PC, it should have the correct drivers for your mother board and OS.

Note:
I have found that some of the USB drivers from HP dont work correctly after doing this type of re-istallation, (I have one HP system that the USB ports were dead, I had to install a PCI card with USB ports on it) you can use a software called "Driver Detective" (it is not free) it will find the correct ones for you.

Have you done a "Detect hardware changes" in the control panel?

craigakane
11-15-2010, 01:48 AM
No I haven't

Terryl
11-15-2010, 01:52 AM
Go to your "Control panel" select add/delete hardware, go through the add hardware wizzard, it should find the missing drivers ether on the disk (have your XP disk in the CD drive) or it should find them online.

If it doesnt then you may have to go to the HP web site and look throught the dirvers there.