PDA

View Full Version : The Curse of Bobby Layne

The Cobra
11-14-2010, 10:38 PM
The Curse of Bobby Layne

Cobra...
Once again the Lions have lost on the last play of the game---that makes it 4 times this season. This time we hand the Bills their first win of the season---this time by throwing a 2 point conversion 5 yards out of the end zone. Just when you`ve seen everything...they find a new way to lose. For those who don`t know the following is "the curse of Bobby Layne", it`s well documented and has so much eevidence it`s scary---decide for yourselves, look it up, great reading.

The Curse....

"I'd like to win a championship for the Steelers and for myself to shove down Detroits throat!"
Bobby Layne - 1960

Bobby Layne led the Lions to their last Championship in 1957

An Unloyal Act

In 1958, after leading the Lions to 3 NFL Championships and providing Detroit nearly decade of Hall of Fame play, the Lions traded Bobby Layne. Bobby was injured during the last championship season and the Lions thought he was through and wanted to get what they could for him. According to Legend, as he was leaving for Pittsburgh Bobby said that Detroit "would not win for 50 years". In the pages that follow we present evidence that supports and confirms the existence of this curse which has been plaguing this team for nearly half a century. If you don't believe in curses, you will!
In addition you will find a wealth of information about the Detroit Lions, their history, statistical databases, concrete proof of the curse, and many funny and sad stories of the "Curse of Bobby Layne". If you think the Lions have hit bottom now, check out our Lion Humiliations page to refresh your memory a bit.

whiplash
11-17-2010, 03:55 AM
LMAO, Cobra , thats a name I haven't heard in many years. I wsas only 11 years old in 1960, but for the next 10 years I remember my dad lamenting about the Bobby Layne curse. I have always been a fan of my homeboys,but this is bordering on the incredible. I just want to know who told Matt Millen he was a judge of football talent. Unfortunately, I don't think the Lions will be back until WC Ford dies or sells the team. In the meantime we suffer.

marlo803
11-17-2010, 03:59 AM
well they are gettin better...last year they lost on the first play of the game...