PDA

View Full Version : 741U has arrived but...

trommy
11-18-2010, 04:17 PM
My DMX741u has arrived after 4 weeks,finally.I don't blame Hyper but Canada Customs.The bright side is I didn't have to pay any customs.BUT,the forecast is calling for falling temperatures tomorrow to plus 1_(0=32F) and its raining today.It doesn't look good for getting C band for the winter.

Costactc
11-18-2010, 04:19 PM
As long as the rain clears you should be good to go, don't know what your missing without c band.

Gold
11-18-2010, 05:33 PM
There is very little I watch on Ku. basically two sats. 83 & 101...Well 125, ok three sats

Costactc
11-18-2010, 05:43 PM
I take a small tv and my pansat 2500 outside when skewing an lnbf. Before I go outside I like to test a channel with the same stb, once I've gotten better signal quality while skewing I tighten it all up.
Trommy, lots of time before winter, you won't regret it.

trommy
11-19-2010, 02:53 PM
I don't know.We might get snow today.The 14 day forecast is calling for a high during this period of mostly low single digits,that's the highs,with alot of rain/snow fluries.
I also take a 13" tv out to my dishes and the Homesat has instant recognition of sats and 'beeps' when it detects a signal.Thanks

trommy
11-20-2010, 04:01 PM
There is very little I watch on Ku. basically two sats. 83 & 101...Well 125, ok three sats

That's why I want C band.No variety on ku,yet.Gotta go get some grub before the snow starts.Chow

Terryl
11-20-2010, 06:40 PM
What you’re worried about a little bit of rain or snow?

Come on a real experimenter wouldn’t let that slow him down, it gets too cold put on another pair of long johns or a thicker parka, if the Žsnow is too deep, get your wife to man the shovel (or the kids, the next door neighbor that borrows all your tools, the guy down on the corner that hold up a sign that says “will work for food”) if it’s raining get out the old camping tent and setup inside.

Boy you kids, a bit of rain slows you down, man I remember the old days, 70 below zero, winds at 150 MPH, 20 feet of snow, polar bears all around, giant land squids lurking in the dark, had to walk 2 miles to the dish and uphill both ways, just had a stone knife and ax to do the adjustments, boy some have it soft. :)

jvvh5897
11-20-2010, 08:19 PM
And your sat receiver was a piece of crystal and a bit of copper you had dug out of the ground?