PDA

View Full Version : B.J Penn's MMA love rekindled by fight with Hughes at UFC 123

KIDWCKED
11-20-2010, 12:07 AM
c/p from the sports network by the canadienpress.
When B.J. Penn surrendered his UFC lightweight title earlier this year, he lost some of his will to compete -- and maybe even to live.

The former two-division champion still known as "The Prodigy" had outlived his nickname, reaching his 30s with no clear direction for his career after two straight losses to Frankie Edgar.

Penn briefly considered walking away from mixed martial arts until a call from UFC president Dana White gave him a chance to settle his biggest remaining score.

Penn and Matt Hughes will meet for the third time Saturday night at the Palace of Auburn Hills in UFC 123. Rampage Jackson fights Lyoto Machida in the main event of the UFC's first card featuring four former champions.

"Once you've been where me, Lyoto, Rampage and Matt have been, a lot of other stuff, it just seems boring," Penn said. "You know, this is the only thing that keeps me feeling like I have something to live for."

Penn and Hughes both jumped at the chance to complete just the sixth trilogy in the history of the UFC, where it's rare for a rivalry to be in question after two fights.

swanone
11-20-2010, 12:18 AM
i hope hughes beats the ***** out of bj the cry baby penn

tomboy
11-22-2010, 04:40 AM
Well..Penn must have been hopped up on something, because he sure looked wired Saturday night! A few seconds into the fight and Hughes was out like a lite. Too bad, the whole event was kind of boring.

swanone
11-22-2010, 01:19 PM
yes it was and was disappointed with the whole card

snake
11-22-2010, 02:42 PM
i thought penn looked wired also ,then when he took off out of the ring...lol not sure if hughs or penn new where they were.

n3fta
11-22-2010, 03:19 PM
I completely agree Penn looked jacked. Are there any policies for drug use in the UFC?