PDA

View Full Version : British Soldier Dies in Afghanistan, Was 'Still Waiting' for New Armor

chrism
11-17-2009, 05:12 PM
A British Territorial Army volunteer who was shot and killed on Sunday had written to his friends telling them that troops were "still waiting” for new body armor and helmets, the Times of London reported.

Rifleman Andrew Fentiman, 23, of Cambridge, became the 97th British soldier to die in the war-torn country this year when he came under fire while on foot patrol near Sangin in Helmand Province on Sunday, the Ministry of Defense said.

Two weeks earlier, on November 2, he wrote an internet blog titled "Welcome to Afghanistan" to let friends know that he had arrived at his posting, the paper reported.

“We are still waiting on these new body armor and helmets that were promised to us," Fentiman wrote, according to the paper.

“You would have seen the story splashed all over the news, they said they would be ready for us but we hope they will arrive soon...”

whiteheather
11-17-2009, 06:11 PM
i am writing this as a concerned family member of two nephews and a niece who are in foriegn lands
iraq and Afghanistan, they are with the British contingent, and each day i dread the news of ANY soldiers being killed........is body armour the answer.....no it isn't. The answer is simple...pull the troops out....they just don't know who they are fighting.. Afgahanistan and Iraq are both lost causes, and our troops are dying...for what reason, I wish someone could give me an honest answer.
the powers that be direct the troops, whilst they stay home in the comfort of safety.....
please read the poem that i wrote and has been inserted here in Satfix. the poem is called
: A Mothers Son; I wrote it with fear of what a Mother would feel.......................

Respectfully Submitted

Whiteheather.

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv155/NorthernHospitality1/soldier.jpg