PDA

View Full Version : forgot password, asking password to get in Bios setting

tester2
11-28-2010, 12:03 AM
hi guys i can't get in Bios setting , asking to enter password to get in bios. i forgot password, is there any way i can reset password to none. so how to clean password on it.

this is a toshiba laptop,.

thanks

ft@t@lk™
11-28-2010, 12:11 AM
have a read here

http://www.laptop-repair.info/toshiba_bios_password.html

nada233
11-28-2010, 06:52 AM
remove the battery for 5 minutes or the jumpers on the battery can be changed for if is 1,2,3 pute them on 2,3,4 and that will cleared the password to the bios.did that on one of mine ,and it worked

tester2
11-28-2010, 02:48 PM
remove the battery for 5 minutes or the jumpers on the battery can be changed for if is 1,2,3 pute them on 2,3,4 and that will cleared the password to the bios.did that on one of mine ,and it worked

this is model no : PSAA5C-TA102C, i look om main big battery there is no jumpers at all. if the battery inside the laptop , where i can find or the jumpers where i can find.

which location this battery is fix on this laptop.

stman
11-28-2010, 04:04 PM
The following is a detailed explanation of the procedure recommended in the first link you were given for the A100 series. If you don't feel comfortable doing this, you need to take it to someone.

By an anonymous poster.
1) like always with anything that you do when taking your computer apart, take out the battery and unplug it (common sense)
2) Remove the plastic cover piece above the keyboard, called the "keyboard bezel". this is the piece where you can see the speakers. This page gives several pictures as to how to do this.

http://www.irisvista.com/tech/laptops/toshiba-satellite-a135/remove-main
**I found it a little bit difficult to get the plastic retaining clips to "pop" loose, but if you are careful, you can use a small screw driver and slowly "wiggle-pry" between the two screen mounts. this is done with the screen all the way back. you could use a paper clip with a little 1/8" bend at tip to do this also. (it is a tight working area) Once these three retaining clips have come loose the others are fairly easy to "pop" Just be patient and work it slowly. once this is bezel is off the rest is super easy.**
3) Remove the keyboard. Remove the two screws that are evident once the bezel has been removed. These hold the keyboard in place. Lift the keyboard up from the screw side and the retaining clips at the front of the keyboard will lift out. (there is no need to pry here). Once the keyboard is loose you will have to either leave it connected, just off to the side, or disconnect it from the mother board. The keyboard cable connector has a black clip along the top of it. just lift this clip up a little and the keyboard cable will slide out. (the keyboard cable does not have a fixed connector, but is just a ribbon that is held in place by the black clip along the top of the keyboard cable connector) Once you have removed it you will better understand what I mean.
4) Remove the wireless card. It is the only card visible at this point. It is connected by metal spring clips. just unclip in a similar fashion as removing ram. You do not need to disconnect the wires connected to card, just move card over to expose area below card.
5) This is where the magic is... you will see C88 clearly labeled right next the jack that the wireless card plugs into. There are two little solder squares (approx 1/16") at this location. *** At this point plug the power adapter to your computer again. ***
You will have to jump the two solder squares at label C88. I used a paper clip to do this. I used pliers to bend a 1/8" long "L" and then "scuffed" up the paperclip with the teeth of the pliers. (my first try at this did not work because the paperclip had a varnish coating on it and did not adequately conduct electricity.) Once you have your paperclip set up (or the one you used to pry the bezel with) hold it in place on these two solder contact squares and press the power button to boot your computer.
6) Your computer should boot right up and bypass the bios password, which is now reset/ erased. (You might see the Windows Error startup screen that gives you different options of start up to choose. If you disconnected your keyboard, just wait for screen to time-out and it will continue on its own) Once you have booted into windows use your mouse pad to shutdown, via start-shutdown method.
7) Disconnect your power. Reinstall your wireless card and keyboard (with screws). Don't reinstall keyboard bezel at this time. Once everything (but bezel) is reinstalled, restart the computer with battery and AC adapter connected. This should boot right into your computer without any trouble. (if for some reason it does not boot up correctly and asks for the bios password again you will be glad you left the bezel off. just redo the steps again.)

tester2
11-28-2010, 04:19 PM
oh no this is the hard part to remove key board, my laptop is working fine , only the thing i can't get in bios setting, so i want to reset.

any way thanks all guys your help.

Ben Doon
11-28-2010, 05:39 PM
unless you are tech savy,its best to stay out of the bios,as for resetting the password there are two ways i know of:
!:remove the cmos battery(on mainboard)
2:use the clear cmos jumper,if equipped (on mainboard) its best to check the mainboard instruction manual to do this JMO