PDA

View Full Version : HP Pavillion a1700n help

craigakane
11-28-2010, 06:20 PM
originally I had vista premier running on my HP pavillion a1700n desktop computer and I had to reformat and reinstall so I put XP Pro on it.in device manger I see under other devices ?!for acouple of things

1)Other DevicesPCI device/PCI Simple Communications controller and unknown device (All of them have the ? with the !

2)Universal Serial Bus Controllers/Standard OpenHCD Host Controllerjust have the ! mark what is the actual files I need to get them working

Terryl
11-28-2010, 06:59 PM
You are going to need the original driver’s disk that came with that PC, or you can go to the HP web site and download them for that PC.

If you’re having trouble finding them there is a program called "Driver Detective" it will find and install the correct drivers for that PC, it will cost you as that program is not free.

craigakane
11-28-2010, 07:10 PM
I've tried that program and it wouldn't run right I would try to open it and got this program encounter an error and has to close I've tried reinstalling it and the same problem

craigakane
11-28-2010, 07:17 PM
how good is driver checker 2.7.4 ?

igoreshka
11-28-2010, 07:25 PM
all of these programs are good, it depends if it helps you in your needs

craigakane
11-28-2010, 07:35 PM
ok because driver checker found 16 updates for the drivers,so I'll try it

craigakane
11-28-2010, 08:02 PM
well still nothing the stuff I posted stayed the same

sunny1000
11-28-2010, 08:15 PM
originally I had vista premier running on my HP pavillion a1700n desktop computer and I had to reformat and reinstall so I put XP Pro on it.in device manger I see under other devices ?!for acouple of things

1)Other DevicesPCI device/PCI Simple Communications controller and unknown device (All of them have the ? with the !

2)Universal Serial Bus Controllers/Standard OpenHCD Host Controllerjust have the ! mark what is the actual files I need to get them working
Try this please:
1-go to device manager and then right click where you got question mark and then hit properties
2-a new window will open hit driver option on the top
3- In the driver page somewhere in the middle hit update driver
3-a new window will open go with the first option search automatically for updated driver software.
Will search that driver for you and it will install it then you are good to go.

ft@t@lk™
11-28-2010, 08:39 PM
from the support site of HP for your pavilion a1700n, just select your operating system and click Next

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=3339286&

all the drivers for your unit are there

craigakane
11-28-2010, 11:03 PM
now because it was a vista machine at first do I have to choose vista, now its a XP Pro which one do I choose.also is there anyway of obtaining the service packs without getting them off the microsoft website I couldn't find my product key when I installed the XP PRO so I had to use a different one

ft@t@lk™
11-28-2010, 11:04 PM
you choose XP because that's what's on it at the moment

here's the link to download XP SP3

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=5b33b5a8-5e76-401f-be08-1e1555d4f3d4&displaylang=en

craigakane
11-28-2010, 11:09 PM
the copy of xp pro is illegal now because I lost my number and I am using a different one I don't want that your copy of windows might be counterfeit crap lol

Terryl
11-28-2010, 11:10 PM
You have to use the XP drivers as some of the vista drivers wont work with XP.

It could also be that the PC hardware is not compatible with XP drivers, that is a big problem I'm finding in some cases.

Is that a 32 bit or 64 bit PC?

ft@t@lk™
11-28-2010, 11:16 PM
once your copy is labeled as illegal or counterfeit it's a little more tricky to remove that; it involves using a crack which I don't think we can talk about here

you can still go legit by contacting Microsoft Customer Service and Support, telephone (800) MICROSOFT (642-7676) and pay for a valid license and walk you through on proper steps to remove the "your copy is illegal" banner

you can still get full protection despite your illegal XP copy status; download and apply the SP3 from link I gave you and set your Automatic Updates to Notify (in Control Panel) and you'll still get the updates via yellow shield in systray (next to clock time icon)

Terryl
11-28-2010, 11:26 PM
One other thing, I had a problem with a PC just like this one, it turned out that the USB ports were dead, I had to install a PCI board with 4 USB ports on it, and this fixed all problems with the USB.

Terryl
11-28-2010, 11:32 PM
OK did some looking for you, there are no drivers to fix the USB host controller and the PCI device problems for that model PC using the XP operating system.

This would mean you would have to go back to the vista OS or go to the windows 7 ultimate OS.

Sorry..

One question, why did you have to re-format the hard drive?

tester2
11-29-2010, 02:23 AM
yes if there is no drivers for xp then go back to vista or win 7.