PDA

View Full Version : laptop routed as a monitor?

wes block
11-29-2010, 04:37 AM
Question guys...

Can a pc laptop be configured so that it can be used as a monitor to view contents of a desktop pc?

Hope that made sense!

wildman25
11-29-2010, 04:54 AM
Question guys...

Can a pc laptop be configured so that it can be used as a monitor to view contents of a desktop pc?

Hope that made sense!
If the laptop works, the easiest thing would be an VNC program. What it does is lets one computer log onto another just like you were sitting in front of it. Mouse, keyboard, etc. works through the remote connection. I have used ultravnc for years but there are many such programs to choose from. Ultra is free too

wes block
11-29-2010, 05:02 AM
If the laptop works, the easiest thing would be an VNC program. What it does is lets one computer log onto another just like you were sitting in front of it. Mouse, keyboard, etc. works through the remote connection. I have used ultravnc for years but there are many such programs to choose from. Ultra is free too

thanks. and whats the best way to connect the to the desktop?

wes block
11-29-2010, 05:06 AM
or does it use the router as the bridge?

wildman25
11-29-2010, 05:07 AM
thanks. and whats the best way to connect the to the desktop?
It works through the network connection. Just a server on the desktop and viewer on the laptop and you'll have complete access to it.

wes block
11-29-2010, 05:09 AM
It works through the network connection. Just a server on the desktop and viewer on the laptop and you'll have complete access to it.

thanks again. I will pass this info onto the lady in distress. Very much appreciated.