PDA

View Full Version : Wireless PC Card Connection

obenski
12-06-2010, 10:28 PM
I have an IBM Laptop and recently installed wireless to connect to internet. Everytime I login, the wireless connection is not connected and to get internet at home, I will have to reinstall again. How can I connect to internet without reinstalling the wireless PCI card again all the time? Need your help please. Thanks

Terryl
12-06-2010, 10:32 PM
What type/brand of wireless PC card did you get?

Some come with software that will allow you to use different wireless sites, and automatically connect to to ones you have configured and stored.

knob
12-06-2010, 11:18 PM
If you got any installation disc(s) from the isp there should be a trouble shooter program or connection wizard of some kind that should help get it set up properly (even the laptop should have a program you can run)....hope this helps ...I don't really know what kind of set up you have 'cause you said you have to reinstall when you get home? When you say "installed wireless to connect to the internet" are you talking about an internet air card or an internal or external wifi and seeking hot spots?

obenski
12-07-2010, 02:47 AM
The Wireless Card that I have is "802.11g Wireless PC Card" and has a driver Once I loaded the driver with ethernet card attached to my Laptop, I can surf with signal from my home internet. The problem is when I shutdown and use it again say the following day, I will have to install the driver again. Is there some sort of setup to my wireless network connection to be made so that evertime I use the internet, I don't have to run or install the driver each time?? Many thanks again.

knob
12-08-2010, 04:46 PM
have you configured the connection on your home cpu at your wireless router to add it to your network? does your laptop show you a choice of wireless connections that it senses? Do you have to type a password to connect to your network? can you get into your home router to see the connections it makes and to see what your wireless settings are?

obenski
12-13-2010, 05:58 PM
Thanks. Yes I have Wireless Connection and have to type the password to connect to my house which is successful. When I shutdown my Laptop and login to use the next time say the following day, it needed me to reinstall again the disc for the wireless PC and I have no idea why?? can someone help??

dasher108
12-13-2010, 06:18 PM
Would it be a simply solution like

Open Network & Sharing centre, click View Status of connection, then select
Wireless Properties. Select "Connect Automatically when this network is in
range".

Just my 2cents

knob
12-14-2010, 06:14 AM
another possibility is windows is running a wireless connection program and your card install runs one as well....one needs to be shut off.....just a thought....

Ben Doon
12-15-2010, 01:52 AM
I have an IBM Laptop and recently installed wireless to connect to internet. Everytime I login, the wireless connection is not connected and to get internet at home, I will have to reinstall again. How can I connect to internet without reinstalling the wireless PCI card again all the time? Need your help please. Thanks

are you taking this card out before it shuts down? ,or putting it in after the computer boots into windows? try leaving it in untill it is shut down and before you turn it on make sure you plug the card in first does this help?

obenski
12-27-2010, 06:29 PM
are you taking this card out before it shuts down? ,or putting it in after the computer boots into windows? try leaving it in untill it is shut down and before you turn it on make sure you plug the card in first does this help?

I always leave the card even I shut down I never pulled it out.

wyrman
12-27-2010, 08:00 PM
I always leave the card even I shut down I never pulled it out.
Goto Device Manager and disable the one that your not using. That shouldn't be the problem tho.