PDA

View Full Version : Question

salford69
12-07-2010, 12:35 AM
Anyone ever hear of free tv canada 2011? They promise 1000's of channels run through your computer for a one time price.

Wasnt sure where to post this, so if this is wrong forum you can move it

Thanks

spaztrigger
12-07-2010, 12:53 AM
I moved you to True FTA Discussions. You'll see other discussions related to this here.

salford69
12-08-2010, 01:37 AM
Anyone ever hear of this or using it?? Just wondering if it is worth it

xxx.freetvcanada2011.blogspot.com/

You know what to do with the x's

gwrowe
12-08-2010, 03:55 AM
I use Readon TV or TVU as my Internet TV backup!

mikeydxer
12-08-2010, 11:37 AM
Read the disclosures at the end of the list......looks like they guarantee NOTHING!! If ya got $50 bucks to gamble with, I say try it! Ya never know!!:yes:

satchick
12-08-2010, 06:59 PM
There are all kinds of free sites to stream content.... Just about every TV series has a fan site with streaming episodes, and even the networks stream content from their websites...

andyb2
12-09-2010, 12:00 AM
Why is it in true fta?Streaming isnt FTA

troc69
03-05-2011, 02:14 AM
i too am looking at this for an option for TV. Seems good and 1 time price same as 1 cable bill makes it seem a good deal too.

has anyone tried this yet?

Bowhunters
03-05-2011, 05:03 AM
As Satchick said there are a bunch of those (tv over internet sites) out there on the internet and most are free but you have to register and install their player so I would look at those first before paying.

The american local affiliates (NBC, ABC, CBS, Fox) show free streams of their weekly prime time shows on their sites (usually a few days after it airs on tv), CBS even shows free streams of the old original Star Trek series. Some others like Amazon.com even stream old movies for free including some old science fiction movies that are still black and white.

I would save the money and first do a google on internet tv and check out the hits, there is a ton of free tv out there if you look for it.

WillDekkard
03-05-2011, 07:28 AM
Anyone ever hear of free tv canada 2011? They promise 1000's of channels run through your computer for a one time price.

Wasnt sure where to post this, so if this is wrong forum you can move it

Thanks

I believe you are referring to FreeHD Canada. It was rumored to launch in 2011, but I believe that has been pushed back to 2012 at the earliest. This is a subscription service provider that would provide some local channels free with out a subscription, however you would still need to purchase their provider receiver.

http://www.freehdcanada.ca/

troc69
03-05-2011, 12:52 PM
i have used Readon TV, TVU, and Sopcast along with Rajangan and more. However i like the idea of channel surfing (and i was wondering if they had a TV Guide with that software?) and apparently they have PPV unlocked and guaranteed to be working for the big fight? and more Canadian channels and Hockey packages all in HD (most that i find are kinda poor quality) which i cant seem to find elsewhere or at least without having a handfull of media players or streaming from a handful of websites if you know what time your show or game is on.

anyone feel the same or are there better software people have found yet?

i am trying a new google search for programming and ill post if i find anything really good.