PDA

View Full Version : Mark Daily Dies

wes block
12-07-2010, 03:08 AM
For those from the Toronto area, and viewers of citytv and city pulse news, "the voice of Toronto" died of cancer at 57.

I remember growing up and always remembering his distinct voice saying..."this is city tv everywhere".

RIP

mclovin
12-07-2010, 03:10 AM
Sorry to hear this Wes,way too young..god bless the man

spaztrigger
12-07-2010, 03:17 AM
I know that voice very well. He was indeed the voice of City TV, and could be heard announcing pretty much every program that the station had to offer. If you were up watching late night, you could catch some of his smart remarks on some of the "Not So Great Movies" they played.
The man was a well known and well liked Canadian, and may he rest in peace.

wes block
12-07-2010, 03:23 AM
I know that voice very well. He was indeed the voice of City TV, and could be heard announcing pretty much every program that the station had to offer. If you were up watching late night, you could catch some of his smart remarks on some of the "Not So Great Movies" they played.
The man was a well known and well liked Canadian, and may he rest in peace.

hahahaha, i was just messaging my buddy the same things about how i enjoyed his sarcastic remarks when introducing movies and stuff.

the "not so great movies"...that was priceless

Gambitx
01-23-2011, 04:21 AM
Dating ourselves for sure if we remember Not So Great Movies. I remember his late night banter well.

RIP Mark

zoogor
01-23-2011, 11:34 AM
im a long way from toronto but we always had citytv from toronto on our bell sub since i was 22 (16 years) and i can still hear that voice.
thats a real shame. toronto has lost a good one way to early. God must have needed a speaker.
R.I.P Mark