PDA

View Full Version : Several Buckeyes facing discipline over tattoos?

KIDWCKED
12-23-2010, 12:03 AM
c/p from foxsports by the a/p

Posted by Brooks on Dec. 22, 2010, 5:01pmFOX 28 in Columbus reported Wednesday afternoon that compliance issues may impact the Ohio State lineup in its Sugar Bowl game against Arkansas.

The Ohio State University Buckeyes’ football lineup for the upcoming Sugar Bowl could take a major hit — and, this one’s not at the line of scrimmage, either.

Sources tell ABC6/FOX28 News that Ohio State officials are meeting for a second straight day to consider compliance issues involving high-profile players on the football team.

The issues could impact the players’ participation in the Sugar Bowl.

Yesterday Dave Biddle of Bucknuts.com broke the news that there could be a compliance issue facing the Ohio State football team thanks to tattoos that Buckeye football players had received.

Being told it will be a while until we know a resolution. One source thinks there will be no suspensions. Another one says 50/50.

Word is a tattoo artist was giving out free tats in exchange for autographs from OSU players. Again, nothing has been confirmed yet.

There’s been no official statement released by Ohio State or Coach Jim Tressel on the matter, only unattributed denials to this point. Where the story now stands is anyone’s guess, but in the interim I’ve learned that a good many current Buckeyes have received tattoos at the same Columbus establishment.
Two sources close to the Ohio State football program told me today that Fine Line Ink is a tattoo parlor in Columbus that has been providing current and former Ohio State football players with tattoos for some time now.

I was told those current Ohio State players include Terrelle Pryor, Dan Herron, DeVier Posey, Chris Fields, Nate Oliver, Travis Howard, Mike Adams, Jonathan Newsome, Michael Brewster and Jordan Hall.

Prices at a high quality tattoo establishment range anywhere from the low hundreds well into the thousands - obviously depending on how extensive the work is.

If Ohio State football players received tattoos in exchange only for their autographs, that might indeed be a compliance issue for the school.

It isn’t necessarily unusual that Buckeye players would refer each other to the same tattoo parlor. But in the context of Biddle’s recent Tweets, it isn’t unreasonable to think that Ohio State’s compliance office may be paying the proprietors of Fine Line Ink a visit in the not-to-distant future.

Costactc
12-23-2010, 12:11 AM
Football is played on the field regardless of anything else. A tatoo is not going to hinder nor help an athlete- let them play as long as illegal substances are not in question.

KIDWCKED
12-23-2010, 12:16 AM
Football is played on the field regardless of anything else. A tatoo is not going to hinder nor help an athlete- let them play as long as illegal substances are not in question.

I agree 100% Costa,Seasons greetings amigo..:thumbsup:

Costactc
12-23-2010, 12:18 AM
All the best Todd, happy holidays to you and your family.

Let's watch some Bowl games.:thumbsup: