PDA

View Full Version : Maple Leafs fan banned indefinitely for tossing waffles on ice

KIDWCKED
12-23-2010, 12:13 AM
c/p from foxsports by newscore. <br />
Updated Dec 22, 2010 5:30 PM ET <br />
Toronto Maple Leafs fan Joe Robb has been banned from the team's Air Canada Centre after throwing a box of waffles onto the ice...

swanone
12-23-2010, 02:00 PM
Was that Doggy10 at the game throwing waffles ?
sounds like something he would do lol

chickenman
12-23-2010, 02:11 PM
He should be banned for awhile for doing it during play but what does throwing waffles mean? I still have not figured it out

dishuser
12-23-2010, 02:11 PM
luv the new shirts:laughat:

dishuser
12-23-2010, 02:18 PM
He should be banned for awhile for doing it during play but what does throwing waffles mean? I still have not figured it out

it's a term that has been used when someone falters

torpainter
12-23-2010, 02:28 PM
I think its ridiculous to ban him ,the waffles were soft. Hurt a bystander....lol
Plus hes banned from the 3 other places pathetic
Reminds me of the guy that was ejected from the game for yelling at Cito Gaston. Mlb made the jays management apologize to the guy

StanW
12-23-2010, 02:38 PM
Nope them waffles were frozen - in TO that would be considered an assault with a deadly weapon .lol

chickenman
12-23-2010, 02:41 PM
it's a term that has been used when someone falters

Thanks....the obvious ...never even thought of that...lmao

chickenman
12-23-2010, 02:47 PM
I think its ridiculous to ban him ,the waffles were soft. Hurt a bystander....lol
Plus hes banned from the 3 other places pathetic
Reminds me of the guy that was ejected from the game for yelling at Cito Gaston. Mlb made the jays management apologize to the guy

I agree to a point but I think their point is that the play was still going on. I played the game a long time & can tell you that alot of bad things can happen while skating & stepping on anything but ice & these guys are going full tilt all the time.If they don't do something fans would be doing it all the time. Do I think the penalty was too severe ....yes

The Cobra
12-23-2010, 02:50 PM
This is Canada !!!!---------had he thrown some Maple syrup over the boards to go with the waffles he`d be a hero today instead of a goat. Just shows---you gotta come prepared !!!

countysat
12-23-2010, 04:09 PM
I've been tossing my cookies watching them for the last 40 years......I wonder what kind of suspension that entails.

reegansmith
12-23-2010, 04:18 PM
Im suprised they did not ban Burke and Wilson for throwing garbage on the ice. :tehe:

gumby
12-23-2010, 04:26 PM
Why would he throw waffles when the Leafs are playing like crepe?

yddoow
12-23-2010, 04:48 PM
What is this ? a goal of every obsessed fan to wake up in the morning and say , today I am going to become a waffle chukker , they do not mysteriously appear in your shirt pocket at the game , Unless they have a waffle stand out front , get your frozen waffles here .

kapeets
12-23-2010, 05:03 PM
This is Canada !!!!---------had he thrown some Maple syrup over the boards to go with the waffles he`d be a hero today instead of a goat. Just shows---you gotta come prepared !!!

I would be more apt to say "This is Canada - the Leafs play made that fan SO stressed, he was goaded into throwing waffles on the ice, and will probably SUE the Leafs organization and win, becoming a multi - millionaire".... COULD happen - THIS is Canada!!!!:rolleyes:

Seriously, what noone has mentioned is that a fan did this at a previous game, but wasn't caught (or at least couldn't be identified..). So somehow it caught on.... But I have to side with the law on this one, folks.... You simply CAN'T allow this kind of behaviour, and a disclaimer is made to ALL fans at the start of a game that they WILL be ejected and subjected to penalties under law..... Today an eggo, tomorrow something else.... :okay:

The Cobra
12-23-2010, 06:12 PM
Im suprised they did not ban Burke and Wilson for throwing garbage on the ice. :tehe:

HAHAHAHAHA-------good one !!

The Cobra
12-23-2010, 06:15 PM
I would be more apt to say "This is Canada - the Leafs play made that fan SO stressed, he was goaded into throwing waffles on the ice, and will probably SUE the Leafs organization and win, becoming a multi - millionaire".... COULD happen - THIS is Canada!!!!:rolleyes:

Seriously, what noone has mentioned is that a fan did this at a previous game, but wasn't caught (or at least couldn't be identified..). So somehow it caught on.... But I have to side with the law on this one, folks.... You simply CAN'T allow this kind of behaviour, and a disclaimer is made to ALL fans at the start of a game that they WILL be ejected and subjected to penalties under law..... Today an eggo, tomorrow something else.... :okay:

As much fun as it is poking humor at what this guy did and what it represents------you`re totally right on the money, he should be banned. Being you`re an oldie like me you`d remember the incredibly stupid and dangerous act of throwing pennies on the ice during games. That I think is your point and I agree 100%.

wnton
12-23-2010, 06:24 PM
What ever happened to rubber chickens ? I think they make a better statement .

countysat
12-23-2010, 06:25 PM
As much fun as it is poking humor at what this guy did and what it represents------you`re totally right on the money, he should be banned. Being you`re an oldie like me you`d remember the incredibly stupid and dangerous act of throwing pennies on the ice during games. That I think is your point and I agree 100%.

Even more stupid when you realize it was done by a NHL coach...... good ol Jacques Demers.

age1
12-24-2010, 04:39 AM
so ... just leggo ma eggo :tehe::tehe::tehe:

chuck
12-24-2010, 04:54 AM
fans have been throwing items on the ice surface for years. items are tossed to show recognition or reward. hats for hat tricks, and i 'member roses were thrown on the ice for darryl sittler once. (may have been his 10 point night)

but yes, they throw things for other reasons to. perhaps to get another teams goat, or to show there displeasure.

weren't rats thrown at florida panther games, octupus at wings games...a few others too.

but during play or a performance is a definate no no. at least wait till its over.