PDA

View Full Version : Manchester United boss:Beckham to old to play for us.

KIDWCKED
12-24-2010, 05:55 PM
c/p from foxsports by the a/p
Updated Dec 24, 2010 5:51 AM ET
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has all but ruled out the possibility of David Beckham returning to Old Trafford next month.
Beckham is determined to see out the remainder of his MLS contract with LA Galaxy, but a number of clubs have expressed an interest in signing the 35-year-old on a short-term loan deal.

Everton were among those clubs but Beckham insists he could never appear against United, the club he supported as a boy and won six Premier League titles with before joining Real Madrid in 2003.

At that time, Beckham's relationship with Ferguson had taken a significant nosedive, but there has been a thaw in relations since.

Beckham was a visitor to the United team hotel ahead of a Champions League tie with Inter Milan two years ago and the former England skipper was at Old Trafford for United's recent victory over Arsenal.

However, the prospect of Beckham starring for United again was always a long shot and Ferguson has suggested it will not happen.

"I don't think so with David at his age," Ferguson said. "I have never signed a player at that age have I?"

tuskoopz
03-06-2011, 09:46 PM
Ferguson is too nice to tell the truth...Beckham isn't good enough to play for a major club!

meganmiller
12-07-2011, 06:15 AM
David Beckham is still fit in playing.. He is not that old..
Ferguson must be thinking of long term player..
David Beckham is currently having Asian tour .. He is playing with the LA galaxy with the NT of the country they visit..

SamanthaJackson
01-12-2012, 07:29 AM
I think Beckham is a great player. True he's kinda old.. But i think he can still play... Well i'll be happy if he play in Manchester United..

Grumpy7790
03-08-2012, 02:51 AM
Lets see if and how he plays in the Olympics this summer. His set pieces are still awesome.

djklazz
03-08-2012, 09:07 PM
A team of that caliber does not need a player like him at this point

yiyoA
03-13-2012, 08:51 PM
United should be ok with what they have they don't need a 35 year old man to sub anybody they have plenty of youth talent on their bench

benficaacores
03-13-2012, 08:54 PM
If there is a player manchester needs is Sir Cristiano Ronaldo .....

yiyoA
03-14-2012, 12:35 AM
Too greedy of a player besides he was already there before and wanted to leave for more money when he left to real Madrid , they are better off with out him

Bollocks
03-20-2012, 02:48 AM
Scholes was just resigned at 37 out of retirement, Becks is only 36

'Ferguson said. "I have never signed a player at that age have I?"'

call him out on it

hatha71
03-20-2012, 02:57 AM
United need new young players, it's The right time to build new young stars within the academy....

boneshocka
05-13-2012, 04:41 PM
he is wayyy to old..............man city champs :(