PDA

View Full Version : Legacy LNB options?

greeker
01-06-2011, 08:10 PM
This relates to connecting to NFPS Services.

Ok I understand that the NF Nova will not work running off a Multi switch.
I have a 4x8 switch currently. 110/119 going in and feeds 3 receivers. CNX, DreamBox and Cw600.

Of course the NF Nova will not work and I know that using NFPS (private Server).

What I'm looking for is what combination of switches or whatever can I use to feed 4 or more receivers?? Off of 2 LNB's 110/119.

The LNB's I have are Legacy Dual LNB's one for 110 and one for 119. Two lines out from each.

As I said currently and in the past I had 6 receivers hooked up including my NF Nova and NF HD but using the correct bins in the past.

With NFPS I understand that itt will not work. Well I know it won't because I tried it over and over.....

Any ideas would be appreciated.

I really dont want to put up another dish to duplicate what I have for one receiver.....

Thanks

WillDekkard
01-07-2011, 07:36 AM
nfusion receivers, like most FTA receivers are not compatible with SW44 switches. However, I have not heard of members encountering a problem using simple 3x4 or 3x8 multiswitches.

Do you have your equipment, especially the switches grounded? Some receivers are more touchy then others if the switches are not grounded and problems become present when adding another receiver into a setup.

satchick
01-07-2011, 03:29 PM
Grouinding the system will solve all kinds of odd switching problems, and is part of a complete installation. All of the switches, the dish, and the coax ground block(s) should be bonded together, and then grounded.