PDA

View Full Version : lcd or plasma

happy1
01-08-2011, 12:10 AM
thinking about getting a second tv for kids they do a lot gaming what better lcd or plasma

chickenman
01-08-2011, 12:15 AM
I googled this.............Picture Quality
# The overall picture quality with respect to gameplay basically comes down to two factors: color accuracy and fast-moving video playback. The advantage for color accuracy goes to plasma screens, as the color is produced in these screens independent of traditional backlighting methods, which results in a better picture in normal lighting situations. However, LCD color accuracy, which bends light waves to produce the color, is more accurate in high-light situations. As far as fast-moving video is concerned, the advantage again goes to plasma, as LCD displays have a slight lag when there is a very high frame rate.

khoifish89
01-08-2011, 12:26 AM
plasma use gas and lcd now majority are led, use light. i would go with lcd or led.

chickenman
01-08-2011, 12:45 AM
plasma use gas and lcd now majority are led, use light. i would go with lcd or led.

So whats bad about gas

StanW
01-08-2011, 12:47 AM
So whats bad about gas
...who said anything was bad with gas ? :noidea:

chickenman
01-08-2011, 12:48 AM
...who said anything was bad with gas ? :noidea:

Just thought that was what he was getting at

drparty333
01-08-2011, 01:25 AM
i play lots of games and im a lcd fan ,but that is jmo

happy1
01-08-2011, 01:33 AM
thanks great information

clarkie
01-08-2011, 01:41 AM
Get want is the best price..Plasma are real cheap....i have a LED-LCDs and DLPs..so shop around and kick some tires...IMO i would go with Samsung in either LED or LCD.....Samsung or pioneer for Plasma..a buddy sell TVS and that is what he said to buy and he has been in the audio and video business for 30 plus years..make sure the TV u buy has enough outputs..HDMI, Optic or component s-video...if u are looking at any cables monoprice is the best place to buy from...bar non

satchick
01-08-2011, 03:35 AM
LCD and LED TVs have pretty much caught up with plasma in terms of refresh rate... One thing to consider is that plasma screens are more prone to burn-in, much like a CRT. That can be a problem if the games have any static images... LCDs will also be better in rooms with alot of light, whereas plasmas are best in darker rooms.

lanchile
01-08-2011, 03:42 AM
LCD and LED TVs have pretty much caught up with plasma in terms of refresh rate... One thing to consider is that plasma screens are more prone to burn-in, much like a CRT. That can be a problem if the games have any static images... LCDs will also be better in rooms with alot of light, whereas plasmas are best in darker rooms.

I second this! good post satchick.:thumbsup:

Blaster
01-08-2011, 04:25 AM
LED all the way!! If funds allow, buy 240Hz. Makes a noticeable difference when watching sports/fast moving shows. I hate plasma from personal experience. Wife loves to fall a sleep looking through the guide, and there is nothing more annoying than a small square in the top left of the screen that shows all the time...grrr I gave that one away:thumbsup:

dishuser
01-08-2011, 04:36 AM
LED all the way!! If funds allow, buy 240Hz. Makes a noticeable difference when watching sports/fast moving shows. I hate plasma from personal experience. Wife loves to fall a sleep looking through the guide, and there is nothing more annoying than a small square in the top left of the screen that shows all the time...grrr I gave that one away:thumbsup:

new plasmas the image don't burn in

Blaster
01-08-2011, 04:55 AM
new plasmas the image don't burn in

Good to know. My first flat screen was 42" Samsung plasma. Since than the next two were LCDs, and the last one I just got on sale was 55" Sony Bravia 240Hz LED. I love it:thumbsup:

nfusioneks
01-08-2011, 05:40 AM
Plasma is my preference.