PDA

View Full Version : dmx channel locations for conversion???

regret
01-09-2011, 02:48 PM
I remapt my 922 dsr several yrs ago to W5, instaling X4 instruction's say dmx channels are 900 to 941, mine are from 820 to 856 lot's of subscribe channel's for programing, dmx is working great, but I can not get up over 856, to the 900 channels my Q is 96 any idea what went wrong? thought I would ask if any one had this problem, also where in the menue do I find EMM, my dish is 8-ft my set up worked great priour to my provider moving channel's from W5 to G3
thank you!!!!

Bowhunters
01-10-2011, 01:37 AM
Who is your BUD provider?

risk
01-10-2011, 10:31 AM
I remapt my 922 dsr several yrs ago to W5, instaling X4 instruction's say dmx channels are 900 to 941, mine are from 820 to 856 lot's of subscribe channel's for programing, dmx is working great, but I can not get up over 856, to the 900 channels my Q is 96 any idea what went wrong? thought I would ask if any one had this problem, also where in the menue do I find EMM, my dish is 8-ft my set up worked great priour to my provider moving channel's from W5 to G3
thank you!!!!

options, 6,7,7,8,1 hidden menu, i find if you do it really slow looking for the numbers on the screen it does not enter this menu, just use the keypad on the remote.

regret
01-10-2011, 10:37 AM
it apears I do not have a provider at this time, but it was a provider in ontario I am going to try the provider, that is looking after the conversion as I bought my equipment from them, I have been a custumer since 1990 on & off hope they accept me for programing as the company I was dealing with aparently not offering the service

regret
01-14-2011, 07:09 PM
options, 6,7,7,8,1 hidden menu, i find if you do it really slow looking for the numbers on the screen it does not enter this menu, just use the keypad on the remote.
in talking to skyvision tech for help,I found I had 4809 channels in memoury I had to do a master reset to download to X4, working great now only it changed all setting's, EAST & WEST dish setting's are both the same as the dish setting, now I dont think i,ll be able to to use it for fta as their is no place to save east & west setting,s to try to program sat,s back in.But I have a nice guide thow:

Bowhunters
01-15-2011, 02:02 AM
I guess you didn't read the 4DTV thread right next to this that has been up since the middle of December, it even explained how to do the update and not lose your other satellites so you could do FTA and we also get the same tv guide.

Some of us even warned in that thread to be carefull because if you do it the full 7 step way it would wipe all other satellite locations from memory and you can't get them back.

http://www.satfix.net/showthread.php?t=44267

regret
01-15-2011, 02:16 AM
I guess you didn't read the 4DTV thread right next to this that has been up since the middle of December, it even explained how to do the update and not lose your other satellites so you could do FTA and we also get the same tv guide.

http://www.satfix.net/showthread.php?t=44267

yes I did read that & as I said at the top of the page date 01-09-2011 dmx channels would not instal in the 900's after trying to correct this with tech rep not one not two but three rep's said I had to many channel's in memoury 4809 & x4 would not accept the download if I had it to do over I would of removed some sat's & channel's before I tried the conversion, bringing my channel's down to an acceptable number but then that is why they call this game testing thank you just the same Bowhunters