PDA

View Full Version : ereaders

wes block
01-15-2011, 03:37 PM
Does anyone have a kindle, kobo or sony ereader?

Would appreciate any input on any of them. Not sure which one would be best?

Thanks

pugsycan
01-15-2011, 03:48 PM

Thanks

From what I have seen The best bang for the buck is Kobo

eyeQ
01-21-2011, 02:16 AM

Thanks

i would suggest an Apple iPad:thumbsup:

rs-1
02-12-2011, 03:18 AM
I have both a Kobo and a Kindle. Kobo is cheaper, but I did get one that had issues (kept having to reset the unit until that ultimately failed to bring it back from the dead). Returned for replacement. Kindle is faster than the Kobo and has easier navigation, particularly going to a specific page number. Wi-fi works well on both. Even though a bit more expensive, I must say that I prefer the Kindle. I have the 'version 3'

cheers

whiplash
02-12-2011, 09:06 AM
I also have the new kindle. I find it very easy to operate and the screen is good to read in all kinds of light. Amazon is a little pricey on the new releases, but they have a lot of good titles at good prices.

wes block
02-14-2011, 05:59 AM
I have both a Kobo and a Kindle. Kobo is cheaper, but I did get one that had issues (kept having to reset the unit until that ultimately failed to bring it back from the dead). Returned for replacement. Kindle is faster than the Kobo and has easier navigation, particularly going to a specific page number. Wi-fi works well on both. Even though a bit more expensive, I must say that I prefer the Kindle. I have the 'version 3'

cheers

I also have the new kindle. I find it very easy to operate and the screen is good to read in all kinds of light. Amazon is a little pricey on the new releases, but they have a lot of good titles at good prices.

i ended up going with the kindle and have been very impressed. i liked the idea of having 3g portability and it hasnt disappointed!

gcr
01-13-2012, 05:52 AM
I bought a kindle fire at xmas and love it. Easy to use as any new tablet and is colourful and cool with all the apps and icloud storage, and they say you could not use it in Canada, guess Kindle just did not want Canadians to have fun with there E-readers, using mine in Canada and works great.:yes:

StanW
01-13-2012, 09:47 AM
I don't believe that it's kindles' doing - I remember reading somewhere that the almighty crtc had something to do with it. Glad to hear that kindle just paid them lip service .lol

mihn
01-17-2012, 01:26 AM
I just got a kobo and i love it.I do alot of reading so it cuts down on beeks and the ebooks are cheaper.I just saved $10 off the price of a hardcover I was gonna buy then got kobo for xmas.

Wow just realized this is my first post lol

DR8
01-17-2012, 01:31 AM
Another vote for Kindle... Got one for the wife for Xmas and she loves it!

kenkell1
01-17-2012, 02:48 AM
Another vote for Kindle... Got one for the wife for Xmas and she loves it!

I have a kindle fire and I rooted it and now works great in Canada ....all the Apps everything :)

blitzedfarmer
01-19-2012, 09:19 AM
Wife got the kindle and she loves it.

djamm
01-19-2012, 10:59 AM
wife has the sony...It can easily handle ebooks from torrents...not sure about kindle or kobo...

xayoz
01-19-2012, 06:58 PM
I would stick to an Android tablet, like the Samsung Galaxy 10.1 or something similar. Then simply download the appropriate app, like the kobo app.

aj1
02-20-2012, 01:49 AM
wife has the sony...It can easily handle ebooks from torrents...not sure about kindle or kobo...I do the same with my kindle and I have to say it's great.