PDA

View Full Version : 2 Dual Legacy, which switch.

RonnieT
01-23-2011, 12:40 AM
This is pretty simple but I have forgotten.
I of the old pizza pans, 2 dual legacy to get 2 sats and just one stb.
I have a 2 input encoda or a disqes with 4 inputs.
Or should I use a twin legacy and only one cable?
Thanks to everyone.
R.

torpainter
01-23-2011, 12:49 AM
two singles and a diseq work fine or a twin ,your choice If you get a diseq get a good one
dont know ecodas but someone else will advise

dvick26
01-23-2011, 04:02 AM
This is pretty simple but I have forgotten.
I of the old pizza pans, 2 dual legacy to get 2 sats and just one stb.
I have a 2 input encoda or a disqes with 4 inputs.
Or should I use a twin legacy and only one cable?
Thanks to everyone.
R.is the encoda a 22k switch or what?if it's a 22k thats what i would use.in the menu all you need to do is put 22k on for 1 sat and 22k off on the other.works great.

RonnieT
01-23-2011, 04:51 AM
Maybe I should re- type what I thought I said.
First I dont remember what the encodas are the info is worn off of them.
If I use the Diseq ,which is a 4 input , do I only use 2 of the inputs? The encoda has only 2.
If I use the Twin Legacy do I need any switch ? It has 2 outputs but doesnt it have its own built in switch? I would only use one cable for the 2 sats?
Sorry to be a bother but I couldnt find a set up diagram for such a simple set up.
R.

torpainter
01-23-2011, 04:55 AM
you would connect a cable from each lnb to the switch and assign your dies to the appropiate ports in setting
If you use the twin you run one cable straight to stb ,no switch You then set up the settings for the twin in menu

RonnieT
01-23-2011, 03:44 PM
I think I will use the twin and one cable, seems the best, less cabling and no external switch.
Just trying for 2 sats, 1 stb then to 2 sets.
easy enough?

D-troit
01-23-2011, 06:59 PM
Maybe I should re- type what I thought I said.
First I dont remember what the encodas are the info is worn off of them.
If I use the Diseq ,which is a 4 input , do I only use 2 of the inputs? The encoda has only 2.
If I use the Twin Legacy do I need any switch ? It has 2 outputs but doesnt it have its own built in switch? I would only use one cable for the 2 sats?
Sorry to be a bother but I couldnt find a set up diagram for such a simple set up.
R.

The twin legacy wouldnt work unless you have a skewable dish. Any two ports of the diseqc switch will work for the two lnbs on the two dishes as long as your menu reflects how you have them physically connected to the diseqc switch. Example would be Sat 119 on port 1, Sat 110 on port 2

RonnieT
01-23-2011, 08:25 PM
Mannually skewable , small dish like we all have used and used the Twin legacy and one rg to VS ultra , no switch.
Twin will switch its self right?
This will work?
Thanks

D-troit
01-23-2011, 09:56 PM
Mannually skewable , small dish like we all have used and used the Twin legacy and one rg to VS ultra , no switch.
Twin will switch its self right?
This will work?
Thanks

Dont know what you mean by manually skewable unless you are talking about a poormans dish. The 18in pan dishes dont skew which you will need to do in order to use the Legacy Twin lnb to pick up 2 sats. Yes the Legacy Twin has an internal SW42 which means you only need one wire from it to stb the settings in menu would be SW42 dish 1 for one lnb and SW42 dish2 for other lnb, no diseqc settings. If I understand you right you are saying you already have two dishes with one legacy dual on each one. Just connect those with a diseqc switch, SW21 or Ecoda 22Khz switch. If you only want to use one dish with two lnbs then you can use a 2 lnb bracket that has one lnb lower than the other to allow for skew or make a poormans dish.

RonnieT
01-23-2011, 10:33 PM
Nope, One dish , and 1 twin legacy with 1 cable to 1 stb.
for 2 sats. Right , no switch .
The dish is skewable , Skewable meaning the pan turns left to right and visa vesra, and I dont mean pivot on the mount pole but on the dish mount itsself.
The pan is the old pizza pan that is some taller than is wide.
Thanks

D-troit
01-23-2011, 11:56 PM
Nope, One dish , and 1 twin legacy with 1 cable to 1 stb.
for 2 sats. Right , no switch .
The dish is skewable , Skewable meaning the pan turns left to right and visa vesra, and I dont mean pivot on the mount pole but on the dish mount itsself.
The pan is the old pizza pan that is some taller than is wide.
Thanks

Okay got you now you have a dish 500 or similar with skew plate on the back. Yes that will work with just the one wire to stb. The old pizza pan dish really refers to a non skewable 18in. round dish thats what kind of threw me. The Legacy Twin will work just fine with the settings I mentioned in post #9. Good luck and please let us know if you run into trouble.

RonnieT
01-24-2011, 05:56 PM
Could someone help me with the menu settings on the Ultra and what to use to set up using the twin Legacy, 1 cable to the ultra , to get 110 and 119?
I have searched thru every legacy post have found nothing.
I appreciate any help!
Thanks

D-troit
01-24-2011, 06:44 PM
Could someone help me with the menu settings on the Ultra and what to use to set up using the twin Legacy, 1 cable to the ultra , to get 110 and 119?
I have searched thru every legacy post have found nothing.
I appreciate any help!
Thanks

Satellite = EchoStar 7 119.0W
LNB Power = On
LNB Type = Standard
LNB Freq = 11250
22KHz = Off
TP Freq. = 12297
Diseqc 1.0 = None
Motor = Off
Legacy SW = SW42 Dish 1

Satellite = EchoStar 10,11 110.0W
LNB Power = On
LNB Type = Standard
LNB Freq. = 11250
22KHz = Off
TP Freq. = 12224
Diseqc 1.0 = None
Motor = Off
Legacy SW = SW42 Dish2

RonnieT
01-24-2011, 07:46 PM
What can I say, but Thank you and I hope to help you sometime.
I appreciate it.

D-troit
01-24-2011, 07:53 PM
What can I say, but Thank you and I hope to help you sometime.
I appreciate it.

NP RonnieT glad to have helped you. I know those Legacy Twin settings are a little confusing but this is confirmed to work exactly as I have it. If you want to add a third sat to this setup let me know and Ill fix you up with the legacy twin settings using a SW21.

Good Luck

SFTester
01-24-2011, 08:16 PM
If you do want to figure out your Ecoda, you can go to the factory website and look at the pictures. It turns out that they make a two input DiSEqC and a two input 22Khz switch. With pictures at their website, you should be able to figure out if you have the 22Khz or DiSEqC switch. My money would be on a 22Khz switch. Not many people bought two input DiSEqCs, but Ecoda does make them.