PDA

View Full Version : Social Network

chuck
02-07-2011, 02:07 AM
i went into this movie expecting awesome! i was disappointed to say the least. it was long and drawn out.....dialog got a bit confusing.....and had zero action and just didn't feel anything for the charactors. i say save this for when you have absolutely nothing better to watch.

wes block
02-07-2011, 06:17 AM
i fully agree. I have no idea why it won so many awards cause it was definetely not award winning. Found the acting weak and will not find myself watching it again. The skin in piranha will get me returning before this one!

zoogor
02-07-2011, 09:49 AM
lol,i hear ya wes. i think if you put justin timberlake in a movie...everyones gonna say its great.

swanone
02-07-2011, 02:28 PM
i give the movie in whole a 6 . i never knew how facebook came about so the learning part was somewhat interesting . now i know how it happened so no need to watch again .

chickenman
02-07-2011, 02:34 PM
No action...lol...I don't know what you were expecting but It was a movie about facebook. I thought it was interesting. I started watching piranha yesterday & couldn't finish it.

ft@t@lk™
02-07-2011, 02:57 PM
I went into it thinking it's gonna suck. I mean, it is a movie about FB after all, how good could it be? I actually enjoyed it because I did not know the story behind FB. Definitely interesting to see how these Internet phenoms get made.

StanW
02-07-2011, 03:08 PM
..... action ?? in a movie about facebook ?lol That would be like a James Bond movies about how Gates stole dos... I'll pass on this one.

Dawlups
02-07-2011, 04:33 PM
I agree with Swanone, it was interesting to see how and why FB was created.

A good movie/documentry to watch after this movie, is Catfish.
It's a true story and is filmed as it happens. I think many folks can relate to it as well because it's about an internet relationship. The ending was very disturbing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc_m0KVoMT8

fonger
02-07-2011, 04:35 PM
i use FB a lot so i guess i liked the movie knowing what happened and all that.

chuck
02-07-2011, 04:38 PM
hey stan...(reply with quote is not working)....but yeah, it coulda had a little action to spruce it up.....perhaps a sex scence would have been good, or at least a fist fight...something! geeze..loll

StanW
02-07-2011, 04:44 PM
hey stan...(reply with quote is not working)....but yeah, it coulda had a little action to spruce it up.....perhaps a sex scence would have been good, or at least a fist fight...something! geeze..loll
... no sex scenes - I'll never watch it now .lol

try changing your editor interface ( in general options) to something else than you're using - that might correct your problem

tatterman
03-18-2011, 01:07 PM
Well not something I would of wanted to see on the big screen, but was pretty solid on the acting I thought. Pretty unique cast of characters also. So I give it a 7.

Bigpineguy Retired
03-18-2011, 01:34 PM
I agree with those that say it was worth watching to learn how it came about.... He is now the youngest billionaire....and he stole the idea....

BPG~

mikeyboy24
03-03-2012, 12:45 PM
I guess I can't help but be biased since the kid who stars in this bugs me and I despise facebook. I just thought the acting was very juvenile and it was the most boring concept for a movie ever. I get it he invented a social networking website good for him. That wasn't even worth making a movie for in my opinion. I guess one good thing comes out of The Social Network. The message teaches you that if you steal good things can happen.

cfit
03-13-2012, 10:21 PM
It's the story of an a$$hole loser who screws his friends just to be on top. Sure, he gets sued but that's chump change compared to how much he made. The movie makes him out to be a juvenile jerk who's original motives was to get back at his girlfriend for breaking up with him (if he wasn't so condescending to his Boston U. girlfriend, she wouldn't have broken up with him in the first place)! Of course, people liked his website and then things progressed to Facebook.

...and Harvard parties were never that "wild" as they show in the movie (being there for one semester many years back). I do remember getting into the back door of Quincy House's official site just to see who's there but I never had the galls to post female students photos on a website to judge them (because there are some things I believe are wrong).

Is it possible for anyone to be another Mark Zuckerberg? Maybe if you screw over people who helped you but then you'll be lonely at the top.

Dark Dragun
04-20-2012, 04:48 AM
loved it............