PDA

View Full Version : TML group

LoadandGo
02-11-2011, 12:07 AM
Hey hockey fans...

I have started a new Toronto Maple Leafs group. I am interested in the good, bad and ugly / fan or not. The only rules are that you follow SatFix rules

Visit my profile (clicking my UserName) and sign up.

Thx

The Cobra
02-13-2011, 02:31 AM
I`m really glad to be the first to post this in our brand new thread thanx to Loadandgo--

A thought came to me while watching Leafs/Canadiens tonite--

These guys freakin` stink !!!!! They got out skated, out hustled, out checked, out shot, out hit and of course out scored. Montreal plays as a team, Toronto plays like individuals, lousy ones at that. Toronto was lucky to have control of the puck over center ice 5X tonite. For all the yapping these Toronto announcers do about Luke Schenn----I just don`t get what they are trying to accomplish???? He stinks, plain and simple. They all do.

LoadandGo
02-13-2011, 03:31 AM
Thx cobra - I am very confused with this team starting with the GM right down to a high profile player with Marlies (Kadri). It started with Burkie trading for Kessel. I could forgive him for one first rounder but two?

I dunno - you are right, TML does not play as a team. That is as much mgmts fault as it is the players. I guess thats what you get for making Phaneuf the Captain. I prefer to see the players elect their dressing room leader as opposed to the coach or GM.

The Cobra
02-13-2011, 03:14 PM
Pretty bad when Kaberle was the best player besides Giggy out there. My jury is still out on Kessel, he`s working hard it seems but he`s a scorer who has no one to feed him. Kessel will post up big numbers again with another team that he doesn`t have to concentrate on the art of defense. He`s never been taught it, that`s obvious, so I won`t crap down his throat for not doing it.

The Cobra
02-15-2011, 09:46 PM
Cobra....
before anyone gets too excited here with this blockbuster move LMAO...Voros is not mean`t for the Leafs, he`s shoring up the Marlies and that`s the end of it.

The Toronto Maple Leafs acquired Aaron Voros from the Anaheim Ducks on Tuesday in exchange for a conditional 7th round draft pick.

Voros will report directly to the Leafs' American Hockey League affiliate, the Toronto Marlies.

In 12 games with the Syracuse Crunch of the AHL this season, Voros has no points and 43 minutes in penalties.

The Cobra
02-15-2011, 09:51 PM
Try this puppy on for size---Vancouver`s defensemen are falling like flies...now who do we know that has a decent rushing defenseman that would just love to go to the Canuks???? So, who for Kaberle??? there`s a kid playing up and down with the Canuks Cody Hodgson, coming out of juniors I called him a star and I think he will be. He was #1 pick of Vancouver 2 seasons ago---time to make him a Leaf??? Hell I`d even throw in Kadri as part of the deal.

LoadandGo
02-17-2011, 12:22 AM
Sure but does Burkie want a Hodgson or another draft pick? Burke is looking for carrots to dangle to move up in the draft making up for the first round Boston currently holds.

The Cobra
02-17-2011, 01:46 AM
I gotta tell you bud, I don`t know what Burke wants. Hodgson can play hockey, he can hit and he isn`t afraid to go to the dirty zone. I`d grab the kid in a sec.

The Cobra
02-17-2011, 02:33 AM
Well kids, here we go on another spring tease by the Leafs. They just beat Buffalo and are now only 6 pts out of the playoffs. This spring run only to fall flat on their face the final couple weeks is becoming a tradition with the Leafs. Good game tonite from Toronto all the way around. I like this Crabb a lot.

I`m wondering just what Burke will be willing to give up for Brayden Schenn??? You gotta know it`s his first choice to get this kid from the Kings.

The Cobra
03-07-2011, 02:08 AM
I go away for a week and nobody has posted on our great run by the Leafs???

So now i`m back to do my usual hatchet job on Wilson...........he`s a bum, FIRE HIM !!!!The Leafs are winning right now in spite of him...not because of him.

The Cobra
03-09-2011, 03:24 AM
So let`s see what we saw in our 4-3 loss in OT tonite. We saw a lot of Leafs working hard as individuals, we saw no actual "plays", we saw a lot of individual work and slapping at pucks with hope, we saw the Isles still going high glove on Reimer who played great in the 3rd period after being saved by 5 goal posts.

In short---we are not yet a playoff team nor do we play like one....I won`t even bother tearing another strip off of Schenn, the replays will do it for me.

FIRE WILSON !!!! It`s his job to get the team ready to play (Chicago), it`s his job to run actual plays, it`s his job to win important games....he and the Leafs are failing miserably.