PDA

View Full Version : comments on satfix site

dannyswitzer
02-13-2011, 05:41 AM
I don't know if i am putting this in the right place if not you can move it to the right tread location. This is just my opinion of how the sight is and just my comments. I am giving them in hope to see improvements.

1) when cnx goes down it is omost impossible to access the sight. high traffic no access. For some reason now the server can't handle the traffic that is comming in at times, and its at times when we need to get access to get information. It was not like this before changes were made.

2) you dont get red or green lights till you click on the cnx area. when its down cnx, the main login area says cnx is up when its not.

the sight looks better but there is room for improvements. Hope to see them soon.

dishuser
02-13-2011, 05:48 AM
I don't know if i am putting this in the right place if not you can move it to the right tread location. This is just my opinion of how the sight is and just my comments. I am giving them in hope to see improvements.

1) when cnx goes down it is omost impossible to access the sight. high traffic no access. For some reason now the server can't handle the traffic that is comming in at times, and its at times when we need to get access to get information. It was not like this before changes were made.

2) you dont get red or green lights till you click on the cnx area. when its down cnx, the main login area says cnx is up when its not.

the sight looks better but there is room for improvements. Hope to see them soon.

the main login doesn't show anything about cnx status so what are you talking about?

dannyswitzer
02-13-2011, 06:01 AM
the main login doesn't show anything about cnx status so what are you talking about?

it has a cnx receiver with bev and dn on it bev is red but dn is green and its not up right now. its under forum.

wildman25
02-13-2011, 06:07 AM
I never noticed it before but this is what he's referring to ::

http://www.satfix.net/images/misc/xddbd.gif

But in honesty, if your tv isn't working and you haven't changed anything it usually means either it went down or your internet failed IMHO

dannyswitzer
02-13-2011, 06:13 AM
I never noticed it before but this is what he's referring to ::

http://www.satfix.net/images/misc/xddbd.gif

But in honesty, if your tv isn't working and you haven't changed anything it usually means either it went down or your internet failed IMHO

thats what i';m refereing to on the forum part up at the top were you click to go there it says that dn is up when you go to the tread for nano 2 it says down.

torpainter
02-13-2011, 12:11 PM
the main logon does not show a cnx receiver.Unfortunately only a couple people are able to change it.

dishuser
02-13-2011, 03:26 PM
it has a cnx receiver with bev and dn on it bev is red but dn is green and its not up right now. its under forum.

the nanosat nano is not a cnx

gusman
02-13-2011, 03:30 PM

you can see it in cnx forum
http://www.satfix.net/forumdisplay.php?2-Cnx-Receiver-Discussions

dishuser
02-13-2011, 03:32 PM
you can see it in cnx forum
http://www.satfix.net/forumdisplay.php?2-Cnx-Receiver-Discussions

that's a section not main login;)

zoogor
02-13-2011, 03:44 PM
i have 0 problems with the site. it says cnx is down and it is. it says nanosat is up and well, it could be for all i know. as far as far as accessing the site. always can and if you know me...you know im on here a lot.

JCO
02-13-2011, 03:46 PM
I had no issues last night with the server being too busy.. And yes the main page has a nanosat on it not a cnx, they are 2 different boxes and not related in any way..

fdsajk
02-15-2011, 02:20 AM
I don,t have any issue, site is doing really good. Mods and admin is working hard to keep it going without problem. Keep it up Satfix.

LoadandGo
02-15-2011, 03:39 AM
I too have no problems with the site. Who cares what kind of box is on the main page. Guess what if the I am down thread is fillling up fast, then we are down. As for the server too busy issue, it has been that way since before the change, just a different msg.

This site has a very nice clean look with lots of functionality.Yes there is room for improvement but all sites could improve.