PDA

View Full Version : Cobra Does The Grammys

The Cobra
02-14-2011, 05:08 PM
Truth be told I never watch this crap-----but last nite my daughter came over and sat with daddy and wanted to watch the Grammys.
We only caught about the last half or so ,so keep that in mind as I may have missed something.
Some thoughts from an old rocker like myself.......

Lady Gaga----WTF, despite all the show stopping extra crap-- she stinks and should quit trying to be a Madonna wannabe.
Justin Beiber---Didn`t know who he was and won`t go out of my way to find out who he is.
Katy Perry---Not much of a fan of her music or her garb---but she is a drop dead beautiful woman.
Gweneth Paltrow---can`t carry a tune in a suitcase but is stunning in black and spiked heels. Who was that 600 lb parrot on acid with her trying to be Elton John?
Lady Antebellum---never heard of them before last nite---I`ll listen in the future and maybe even watch Hillary Scott.
Eminem----Simply put, I hate rap, all of it----but this guy brings something to the table that none of the other rappers do. I don`t know exactly what it is but I love his stuff, always have. His performances last nite both with Rhianna and Dr Dre/Skylar Grey were fantastic and rivaled his performance of Stan last year. He`s the best.
Jagger----I`m the biggest Stones fan in the world---anything less than the Stones on stage in their entirety leaves me less than satisfied. Jagger gave the place a little more concert atmosphere in his tribute performance but left me a little wanting. Goes to show, you can`t take a piece out of the puzzle.

Thanx to my baby for a great evening last nite doing something I hate and something I love both at the same time.

chicot60
02-14-2011, 05:19 PM
Thanks for the great review. I did not watch all of it but I thought intro was good with the ladies singing the tribute songs to Aretha Franklin.