PDA

View Full Version : My sat farm

bliz
02-14-2011, 09:43 PM
this is a photo i took of my mess
trying to hit a sat thru my tree link took a but of pre planning LOL:yeaah:
I added a bit of info to the photo to help decipher it.
http://i51.tinypic.com/2e51c44.jpg

doggy10
02-14-2011, 09:49 PM
thats quite the set up. i would have just cut down the tree's at night and put all the dishes together on top of the shed...lol

Costactc
02-14-2011, 09:51 PM
this is a photo i took of my mess
trying to hit a sat thru my tree link took a but of pre planning LOL:yeaah:
I added a bit of info to the photo to help decipher it.
http://i51.tinypic.com/2e51c44.jpg

Nice setup bud, all that's missing is the bud for c band.

bliz
02-14-2011, 10:00 PM
Man how I laid in bed and planned every attack on those trees I could imagine in the month before we moved into this house.
Alas they are not on my property, I did what I had to.

The pole that the 110/119 is on had a 1980s BUD on it when i moved in, so we removed that and added the 110/119 sats first thing. (gotta have TV on the first night on a new house!)

Then I got a B*v sub, so I added 91/82.
Then I got a D* sub so i added 61.5 to get my WNY locals in HD (they do not come in on 129, ppl say its a mirror to 61.5 but it IS NOT, there is quite a few more HD on 129 but no NY locals in HD)
Then I got iLink 9500HD so I added 129 to I could get HD on the public server.

*note to ilink9500HD users, as soon as I put up 129 and stopped using 61.5 most of my freezing went away

bliz
02-14-2011, 10:07 PM
maybe when i move ill do this one
http://i56.tinypic.com/2s9wsbk.jpg
http://i56.tinypic.com/2wmg7rk.jpg

my neighbours must think im crazy

flekr
02-14-2011, 11:43 PM
considering a standard garage door is 7',.... are ya sure those trees are 110 feet tall and 135'...i'm thinking roughly 32' and 36'....lol....that is unless that garage is on your neighbours roof....which may create a parking problem...

bliz
02-14-2011, 11:54 PM
considering a standard garage door is 7',.... are ya sure those trees are 110 feet tall and 135'...i'm thinking roughly 32' and 36'....lol....that is unless that garage is on your neighbours roof....which may create a parking problem...

its on a hill, those trees are at the top. I live in a 4 floor old brick house and those trees as well as the other ones are wayyyyy taller than my house. in my neighbourhood the trees are HUGE

that hose roof you see is a block over, 4 floors

Bowhunters
02-15-2011, 12:06 AM
Fleker - I don't think that is a standard garage, if you look at the privacy fence you can tell that the photo was probably taken from a deck or high porch as the photo angle is almost level with the top of the privacy fence and its likely 6ft tall so you can tell that the brown garage is several feet taller, I would estimate the door height 9-10ft. I would agree that it can be hard to judge depth perception off some photo's but to me it looks like those trees are in a row back behind that garage are a distance away from the fence and if not 100ft tall I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't fairly close to that.

justeric1agn
02-15-2011, 12:58 AM
i'd call a yard service or tree trimming service.call them you won't be home go ahead and start cutting you will be home within an hour to pay them give them his name and address.lol there a plenty of them that arn't that smart out there. do this on a day you know he won't be home. problem solved.lol he may make them plant them back but they will get little trees to replace them with. and FYI use pay phone.lol

flekr
02-15-2011, 01:01 AM
all the math is making my head hurt...lol.... but let's all be thankfull we're not buying bliz's cable...cheers fellas....

(p.s. judging by the shed, i'd say that fence is a 6 footer bow, maybe a bad angle) who cares tho'... great pic...

bliz
02-15-2011, 02:15 AM
trust me when i say they are tall trees.
and yes i have had issues with thee length of cable i needed to run.

using powered DPP lnb cause a regular switch doesnt get enough power.

i will retake the pic in a few months after the trees bud, itll blow your mind. my 61.5 signal goes from 99% to 45% and if its windy i loose it all together. Now im using 129 with no obstructions so I wont have this happen this year. Thank the lord.

dishuser
02-15-2011, 02:19 AM
I had a problem like that in my first house
all I know is I got years of firewood and neighbour's that wouldn't talk to me
good times :)

Dish Doctor
02-15-2011, 02:23 AM
maybe when i move ill do this one
http://i56.tinypic.com/2s9wsbk.jpg
http://i56.tinypic.com/2wmg7rk.jpg

my neighbours must think im crazy

lol....good luck with that one.

I have done the 5 LNB bracket on a Phase III dish, and your outside LNBs are very week on quality.

That thing looks pretty, but I bet the performance on three or four of those outside LNBs will be very low at best.

Best thing is to do what you are doing already.....multiple dishes.

bliz
02-15-2011, 02:26 AM
lol....good luck with that one.

I have done the 5 LNB bracket on a Phase III dish, and your outside LNBs are very week on quality.

That thing looks pretty, but I bet the performance on three or four of those outside LNBs will be very low at best.

Best thing is to do what you are doing already.....multiple dishes.

multiple dishes i approve!:yes:

Costactc
02-15-2011, 08:42 PM
I had a problem like that in my first house
all I know is I got years of firewood and neighbour's that wouldn't talk to me
good times :)

Had a huge tree years back which got in the way when leaves came out- tree lost.

Kane
02-15-2011, 10:35 PM
Looks good bliz, like costa said earlier, yea a nice C-band dish would look great ! Maybe a 10 or 12 ft on the house :thumbsup:

Bowhunters
02-15-2011, 11:15 PM
You could get it down to two small dishes if one of them was a Toroidal T-90 as it is made to cover 40 degrees of the arc.

jvvh5897
02-16-2011, 07:26 PM
Suprised that you could not find a spot further away from the trees to plant a dish. Sometimes just a few feet will get you over a really big tree given the EL angle. Or on the side of the main house rather than on the shed in back.

Terryl
02-16-2011, 07:56 PM
I didn’t say this as I wasn’t here:

A fix for those nasty tree problems. (trees in the way but not on your own property)

Go get some copper boat nails, (4 to 8 penny if available) (at a store far far away) shine them up with steel wool before use, on a dark moonless night when it’s very late, (and you wearing dark clothing) drive 4 to 5 into the base of the offending trees, but not all the way in as you have to clip them off as close to the trunk as you can so you can drive them in all the way with a nail set, in a few month’s the problems will have gone away. (no pesky leaves to block the signals)

A tree expert will say its sudden tree death (happens all the time) and they should be removed to prevent others from getting sick.

Brought to you by that small group that doesn’t go bump in the night.

Zilog80
03-25-2011, 07:33 PM
Excellent handiwork.
Z