PDA

View Full Version : GSP or The Spider?

USDJ
02-20-2011, 01:05 AM
Who's the better fighter? Do you think they will ever brawl?

JrJustice22
02-20-2011, 05:15 AM
I think GSP would take Anderson down and dominate him for 5 rounds. If they continue to dominate there weight classes I think they should split the differnece in there weight classes and have a catchweight fight

monkeyu
02-20-2011, 05:48 AM
GSP all the way!!! They will get there chance to fight!!! Jr Justice totally agree with ya!!!

swanone
02-20-2011, 02:11 PM
gsp is a true fighter , silva is a lucky puppy

zoogor
02-20-2011, 02:16 PM
Who's the better fighter? Do you think they will ever brawl?

are you serious? GSP could take down the heavys. no contest...GSP all the way

phantom
02-20-2011, 04:24 PM
gsp is a true fighter , silva is a lucky puppy

LOL lucky puppy ?!

This would be the ultimate fight.
I don't think it would be easy for both. Spider's got talent. GSP is hard working.
Spider is so unpredictable. I like them both, but i am afraid if anybody could tag GSP it would be the Spider.
I hope GSP pounds Spider just so we can see what Spider looks like when he gets his *** kicked.

This would be one kick *** fight. Now would i rely on my sat to air it and stay up, or should i just go out and guarantee an interrupted show.

The Cobra
02-20-2011, 05:32 PM
Don`t know if I`d call Spider lucky although it sometimes appears that way, but anyone being lucky that often with that much success isn`t called lucky by his peers---he`s called champ.
GSP is a bull, a workhorse that will give Spider no room to breathe, he`ll beat the crap out of Spider. Spider is too good and throws from everywhere not to connect with GSP, but it won`t be hard enough or often enough to slow GSP down. Biggest mistakes fighters make in any sport is fighting "catchweights"....they are usually talked into it by money grabbing promoters trying to shoot for the "super fight". Any fighter fighting catchweight has a built in excuse/reason should he lose---so what have they settled??

chuck
02-20-2011, 05:48 PM
if they were to fight, and acheive similar wieght class, i would have to base my prediction on the fight being tomorrow.lol neither man would back down, and i feel it would be a slow start, as each would do the 'usual' feel each other out. with this in mind, would probably go the distance and it would be up to the judges cards. sad but true, in this case. both super talented atheletes, hard to pick a winner.

slayer
02-20-2011, 08:51 PM
GSP all day!

FTA
02-20-2011, 08:55 PM
seems like alot of biased canadians! go gsp tho lol cant wait to see him t.o shortly !

The Cobra
02-20-2011, 11:07 PM
seems like alot of biased canadians! go gsp tho lol cant wait to see him t.o shortly !

or a lot of people that hate Spider LMAO-----combo of both for me.

PTown
02-21-2011, 01:02 AM
George in the first round if they ever fight.

moneybags
02-21-2011, 01:05 AM
gsp all the way

phantom
02-21-2011, 04:17 PM
George in the first round if they ever fight.

I don't know about that man. I love GSP but Spider is crazy!!! maybe he will do monkey style.

This is a really great fight because they will be able to fight their own style.
For example, Spider is a counter fighter. He likes his opponents to initiate and screw up.

On the other side, GSP is the aggressor. So this is going to be crazy. I want GSP but i am afraid he will get tagged with Spiders '3rd' fist. He is one crazy dude.
Some of my friends don't like him because he is cocky, but i think he puts on a great show. Its fantastic.

mj420
02-21-2011, 04:59 PM
I don't know about that man. I love GSP but Spider is crazy!!! maybe he will do monkey style.

This is a really great fight because they will be able to fight their own style.
For example, Spider is a counter fighter. He likes his opponents to initiate and screw up.

On the other side, GSP is the aggressor. So this is going to be crazy. I want GSP but i am afraid he will get tagged with Spiders '3rd' fist. He is one crazy dude.
Some of my friends don't like him because he is cocky, but i think he puts on a great show. Its fantastic.

I would have to agree, GSP is my fav. but spider has some freaky moves going on.
Reminds me of the movie "you don't mess with the zohan"

juka
02-21-2011, 05:37 PM
The spider would have quite a reach advantage. It would be tough for Georges to get inside.

dishuser
02-21-2011, 05:45 PM
The spider would have quite a reach advantage. It would be tough for Georges to get inside.

found this
GSP's reach = 76"
Silva's reach= 77"

mj420
02-21-2011, 05:46 PM

GSP reach is 76inches.......Spider reach 77inches......that is not much of an advantage.

dishuser
02-21-2011, 05:47 PM
then found this...lol
GSP REACH

UFC 54 74" v Trigg
UFC 56 74" v Sherk
UFC 58 76" v Penn
UFC 65 78" v Hughes II
UFC 69 75" v Serra
UFC 74 74" v Kos
UFC 79 76" v Hughes III
UFC 83 76" v Serra II

mj420
02-21-2011, 05:49 PM
It just all depends how exited he is...lol..
then found this...lol
GSP REACH

UFC 54 74" v Trigg
UFC 56 74" v Sherk
UFC 58 76" v Penn
UFC 65 78" v Hughes II
UFC 69 75" v Serra
UFC 74 74" v Kos
UFC 79 76" v Hughes III
UFC 83 76" v Serra II

juka
02-22-2011, 12:29 PM
Maybe he is related to one of those dolls that can stretch.

badboyz4life
02-22-2011, 01:28 PM
GSP will get Anderson down "like chael sonnon done"then work on Anderson on the ground"stay busy" so they dont get stuid up and will go the distance for the win?GSP want get tired and fall for a triangle choke late,he's in to good of shape
GSP want be so agressive in that fight,only time he will be is on his take downs on Silva,and hope he dont catch a knee when he comes in for the take down,but GSP will get him down and when by pointsJMO

phantom
02-23-2011, 02:19 AM
GSP has an oddly long reach for his size.
This is a great match up.

found this
GSP's reach = 76"
Silva's reach= 77"

phantom
02-23-2011, 02:22 AM
Sounds like a plan to me!!! maybe a little spell checker might make it easier to read :/ sorry dude

GSP will get Anderson down "like chael sonnon done"then work on Anderson on the ground"stay busy" so they dont get stuid up and will go the distance for the win?GSP want get tired and fall for a triangle choke late,he's in to good of shape
GSP want be so agressive in that fight,only time he will be is on his take downs on Silva,and hope he dont catch a knee when he comes in for the take down,but GSP will get him down and when by pointsJMO

nada233
02-23-2011, 03:52 AM
I like them both and is hard to dicide who is better ,but I like spider silva,reach advantage,and he is quick,also hight advantage,I think that the only thing will prove who is better is the day they enter the octagon and the man standing will tell who of them 2 is the better one,I like gsp ,cause I am canadian,but I think silva has more deffences of his title than gsp and that is what turns the balance on his side.jm2c

2dollars2
03-03-2011, 12:24 PM
GSP is probably the the most liked in this household but we give the advantage to Silva. dont't get me wrong, i'd love to see Silva get pounded but i still think Silva could get this one. would be a helluva a fight to watch though.

as far as what was said earlier about luck. the harder you work, the luckier you get.

Ninjalicker
03-06-2011, 10:27 PM
I absolutely LOVE both fighters... both are living legends in their respective divisions.

That said, GSP would get absolutely mauled by Silva if they ever fight. Anderson is a HUGE middleweight that looks like a big LHW in person. Just look at him compared to Forrest when they fought. GSP is very strong for WW, but no where close to the same size as the huge WW in the division (Alves, Rumble..). I just can't see GSP holding Anderson down for 5 rounds, and if the fight stays standing ... y'all can fill in the rest.

space_mountain
03-07-2011, 04:08 AM
well I guess I'm goin against the grain here, I hope GSP wins... but I dont think he's gonna be able to take Silva at his weight class. GSP isn't used to fighting with that much added weight. Hate to say it, Silva is gonna win.

fagin
03-20-2011, 02:34 AM
You all had better take off your blinders GSP isn't in the same class as Silva.Plus I for one wouldn't want to see GSP take Silva down and try his Usual Thoroughly Boring ground and pound b.s.Silva to put George out of his misery.

earnhardt38
04-25-2011, 03:21 PM
gsp natural weight is around the 190 but keeps at 170 because its unhealthy to go up and down in weight so weight isnt a issue in this fight,spider wont know what to do with gsp:thumbsup:

whiplash
04-26-2011, 05:25 AM
would be a helluva fight. that being said I like Silva in 4th

fagin
05-01-2011, 05:42 PM
gsp natural weight is around the 190 but keeps at 170 because its unhealthy to go up and down in weight so weight isnt a issue in this fight,spider wont know what to do with gsp:thumbsup:

Most probably destroy him.