PDA

View Full Version : t-55 or t-90 toridial

narcbob
11-29-2009, 02:23 AM
ive been wondering if i should try one of these? i am using 2 dp 500 now but was wondering if anyone had any input on what sat combos can be had aswell are they good? bad? or just stick with what i have and add another dp500

harryabca
12-13-2009, 05:11 AM
As I understand, they are very good quality dishes, covers wide angle and able to shoot many sats on one dish, but they are expensive. Also you need special LNBs to work with these dishes as the signal reflected twice so the left and right are switched other way.
If you have the space for another dp500, I would recommend you go with it, except you have the money in your pocket and like to play with sophiscated gears.

Engoy.

Harry

pugsycan
12-13-2009, 06:21 AM
One thing you need to know is it will only give you 40 degrees of service so make sure all the sats you want to pick up are in that 40 degree range

Gold
12-13-2009, 11:04 AM
I would be the wrong person to ask "if I should get another dish" the answer is yes go with the T-90. Yo can pick up Linear with the T-90 :yes:

CMFINC
12-13-2009, 06:36 PM
i will say one thing.. IF YOU DO NOT KNOW !!!!!!!!! how to set up dishes than this one just may not be the one for you.. if you have a bird dog or something like than life will get a bit easyer..
i say its not for the beginer.. just my 2 cents..
you will need to understand switches and such as well.. do your homework is all i can say..

proline
12-13-2009, 07:14 PM
I think it is a fine dish. You only have to use the special lnb's for reception with a provider receiver as the dual hyperbolic surfaces cause a reversal in the circular reception (i.e. left circular becomes right circular) which can be taken care of in the settings on an FTA box. I personally would only consider the T-90 dish, though.

webslug
05-22-2010, 09:21 PM
I know you are not to post outside url`s.
This is the calculator for the T-55 and 90`s dishes.
I have a t-55 and it works great.
Make sure your pole is nice and plumed or the settings don`t work!

http://www.satlex.de/en/wavefrontier_calc.html .:yes:

JCO
05-22-2010, 09:34 PM
Why do you post a live link if you know your not supposed to.???.I have a hard time figuring it out..:noidea: