PDA

View Full Version : Swedish elite on same line

Newf
11-29-2009, 03:10 PM
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

ORNSKOLDSVIK, Sweden -- Markus Naslund came out of retirement to play with childhood friend Peter Forsberg for hometown team Modo on Saturday, getting an assist in a 4-1 win over Rogle in the Swedish league.

Naslund set up Forsberg to make it 1-0 in the first period as the two former NHL all-stars needed little time to get reacquainted on the ice.

"I felt quite all right," Naslund said. "I haven't really practised since were eliminated from the playoffs (with the New York Rangers) last season, so it's not that strange that I feel a bit tired."

Forsberg added an assist, and has seven goals and seven assists in seven games for Modo this season. The two plan to continue playing for the club for the rest of the season.

Forsberg and Naslund played together for Modo as juniors, and led the club to the quarter-finals of the Swedish league playoffs in 1992-93.

Naslund finished second to Forsberg in scoring during the 2002-03 NHL season with a career-high 104 points -- including 48 goals. He retired from the NHL in May after 15 seasons, and has not played since.

"It's great that Markus is with us again," Forsberg said. "He looked really good considering he's only been on ice for 10 days."