PDA

View Full Version : Re: Google and Username ?

COOLFRENC
11-30-2009, 11:59 PM
I was wandering about something in regards Google and our Names. Is there a way to STOP. this from happening. When someone Googles per say a members name lets use mine Coolfrenc. You get every site every post that I have ever posted etc. Now my question is there away to stop this in our Profile or something. I personally Dont care who sees what about me but a few people around the Satellite world have mentioned this to me and are concerned about this.
So Is there away To Stop this from coming up when You GOOGLE ?

Thank You
Coolfrenc

southaven1981
12-01-2009, 12:11 AM
That is a very good question indeed

Bigpineguy Retired
12-01-2009, 12:17 AM
Sadly, I would say . No....Nothing to stop it, that's what the google spiders do, and that's how we are able to google all different things , I would be really surprised if there was a way...

BPG~

Night Prowler
12-01-2009, 12:24 AM
to prevent others to view your profile......select allow contacts and friends only in user CP under profile privacy........google spiders will still find it....but won't be viewable by others that you do not allow....

Terryl
12-01-2009, 12:25 AM
About the only way to do it would be to get a court order, (against Google, good luck) but there are many different search engines out there so you (or your lawyer) would be a very busy person and it would drain your bank account a bit.