PDA

View Full Version : Tutorial on setting up a 6' offset dish

Gilgamesh
04-03-2011, 05:03 PM
Can anyone point me to a tutorial on setting up a 6' offset dish?
I need detailed info on Azimuth and things like that. Some pics/diagrams would be fine

I ask this because it was pointed out to me that my dish needs "fine tuning"
TIA

risk
04-03-2011, 05:31 PM
if all you need to do is fine tune, put your stb on the weakest TP (the one with the lowest quality) and get that as high as you can.
you can start by gently pullin on the dish as if you want to spin it on the pole while checkin if that increase or decrease the quality then do the same with the bottom/top of the dish which will be changin the elevation very slight. . .this is how i do my fine tuning

Costactc
04-03-2011, 05:43 PM
I would just like to add that once you've obtained maximum signal quality you should skew your lnbf as well, probably will increase sq.

satchick
04-03-2011, 09:58 PM
What brand of dish do you have? Most commercial dishes (Andrew, Prodelin....) have a big screw to fine tune elevation. As mentioned in an above post, tune your receiver to the weakest TP when making fine adjustments. A magnetic angle finder will be a huge help as well, depending on the style of the mount as most aren't marked. Keep in mind that you'll also need to skew the LNBF.

The exact values for Azimuth and elevation for you location can be found at Dishpointer.com.

satchick
04-03-2011, 10:10 PM
Does your mount look like this one?
http://techlinksvc.net/blog/wp-content/themes/flashnews/images/2.4mProdelinAntennaTwo.JPG

hondoharry
04-04-2011, 03:06 AM
Keep in mind that you'll also need to skew the LNBF.

Isn't skewing the LNBF only necessary for linear ones and not circular ones?

risk
04-04-2011, 09:46 AM
Isn't skewing the LNBF only necessary for linear ones and not circular ones?

yes for linear sat beams.

Gilgamesh
04-04-2011, 11:05 AM
Thanks so far. But how do you skew an lnbf? Is it just turning left to right or vice versa?

Gilgamesh
04-04-2011, 11:07 AM
No it looks completely different. I will try to take a pic later and post it, if permitted.

satchick
04-04-2011, 01:47 PM
Thanks so far. But how do you skew an lnbf? Is it just turning left to right or vice versa?

Yes, you just twist it left or right in it's holder. Most LNBs have some kind of marking on them to approximate skew.