PDA

View Full Version : SOOOOO any diabetics out there Type 2 ???

dumb as a stump
04-05-2011, 11:55 PM
Just a little note to any body that has been recently diagnosed. YOU ARE NOT ALONE...I was diagnosed spring of 2008 and am still learning to listen to my body. It does talk to us you know. But the one thing I want to say is that despite what you read online etc is that everyones symptoms are a little different. Thats enough for now. Comments anyone?

aquadave
05-17-2011, 01:31 AM
I'm in the beginning stages of type 2. One thing about me is my sugar goes UP when I don't eat. I rarely go over 200, and mostly stay around 140 but 110 makes me feel like low sugar. i talked to people about it and I need to get use to 100 again slowly, cause my body recognizes 100 as low now. I also found there is no right diet, just be reasonable. And most important exercise.

MeSat_FTA
05-17-2011, 05:31 AM
My mothers side of the family was bad for type 2 so I watch myself. My uncle died young due to diabetes related heart issues and he was taking care of himself. My mother died quite young due to not taking care of herself. After more than a decade, she refused to admit that she was diabetic, even after being put on insulin.

As with any diabetes, watch the levels and swings. You will learn.

The worst is the kids that are getting type 2 due to being overweight. When I read of kids needing insulin for type 2 at 8 or 10 years of age, I just cringe.

Remember in this discussion that the USA is still using a older measurement from the rest of the world. It is a factor or 18.02 times different. Just in case someone needs to know.

Thus normal for the real world is 3.8 to 7, the USA is at 68.5 to 127.1.

aquadave
07-01-2011, 01:51 AM
Last week was so hot, I didn't drink enough water and I shot up to over 400. I had never gone over 250 before