PDA

View Full Version : Breaking news: Umaga has died multiple stories listed

dishdude714
12-05-2009, 12:34 AM
Several names comment on Umaga's death

Howard Finkel: "I am saddened by the passing today of Eddie Fatu, a.k.a. Umaga. My sincere condolences to his family and friends."

Paul Heyman: "The world is minus one very cool Samoan tonight. We offer our most profound condolences to the Fatu Family."

Tara: "Rest in Peace Umaga We will love you always and we will all miss you."

Ken Anderson: "I'm very thankful to have had a private closed-door conversation with Ecki prior to our match a few days ago in Sydney. He insisted that we go out and tear the house down. We both had something to prove that night and in my opinion: Mission Accomplished! Our thoughts and prayers are with the entire Fatu family. Ecki absolutely adored his wife and was extremely proud of his children. I have so many amazing, funny, and heartwarming (sometimes gut wrenching belly-laughing) memories."

dishdude714
12-05-2009, 12:35 AM
I just received confirmation of the death of Eddie “Umaga” Fatu from his uncle Afa Anoa’i. In his very short email he wrote “We just lost my nephew to a heart attack.”

Our sincerest condolences go out to the family and friends of Eddie Fatu.

Later
Dishdude714

dishdude714
12-05-2009, 12:35 AM
From WWE. com

WWE would like to express its deepest condolences to Mr. Fatu’s family, friends and fans on his tragic passing. Mr. Fatu was under contract with WWE at various time periods and most recently performed under the name "Umaga." Mr. Fatu's contract was terminated on June 11, 2009.

Later
Dishdude714

dishdude714
12-05-2009, 12:37 AM
Please add: hxxp://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=186801628341&ref=mf

Later
Dishdude714

dishdude714
12-05-2009, 12:38 AM
From JRsBarBQ. com:

"Details are very sketchy regarding the condition of Umaga (Eddie Fatu) who, as I write this is in ICU of a Houston hospital. Some say that Umaga may have had a massive heart attack but that has not been confirmed. He fell asleep and his wife apparently was unable to wake him. From all I read about sleep apnea, I have been diagnosed with it myself, it may be possible that Umaga had an undiagnosed case of sleep apnea which puts huge stress on one's heart because one stops breathing many times for several seconds every hour one sleeps. I stopped breathing over 40 times in one hour when I under went my sleep study. Please keep Umaga in your prayers. He was a very skilled, big man but more importantly he is a father and a husband."

JR then posted the following update:

"The news out of Houston is not good for Eddie Fatu aka Umaga.

I was informed by someone who has spoken to a Fatu family member that Eddie has been removed from life support and his condition is obviously grave. Unfortunately, one can expect more bad news to be released imminently.

Reportedly, Eddie had a massive heart attack while sleeping but those reports are not official. Eddie had just returned from a tour of Australia where he reportedly was, seemingly, healthy and doing well.

Eddie has a young family and a loving wife that really need everyone's prayers and support at this time.

This is a huge shock to me as I thought Eddie was doing well and had lost some weight over the past several months. Eddie was a natural and possessed amazing agility and quickness for such a large man. He always seemed to me to be a good hearted, sensitive guy. God Bless Eddie Fatu."

Later
Dishdude714

dishdude714
12-05-2009, 12:39 AM
Former WWE stars Ken "Mr. Kennedy" Anderson, Bobby Lashley and Pope D'Angelo Dinero (Elijah Burke) have all tweeted today concerning the breaking news of Umaga being hospitalized. As of this writing, there is still no official word regarding his condition. Here is what the wrestlers have said...

Bobby Lashley: "Very sad day today. A good friend is gone."

About three hours after posting the above message, he said:

"Say a prayer for Umaga."

Ken "Mr. Kennedy" Anderson: "Say a prayer for my boy Umaga"

D'Angelo Dinero (aka Elijah Burke): "Pope was informed many hours ago of my friend Umaga. Pope will not comment until the family speaks, neither should you. Prayer is key! ~ PHS"

Matt Hardy: "Just landed in Shreveport to go to work tonight-I'm very saddened to hear about Ecky (Umaga) & his family-please keep them in your prayers."

Chavo Guerrero: "Hey guys need some prayers for Umaga and his family. Thank u"

Later
Dishdude714