PDA

View Full Version : 'Rampage' Jackson says he is returning to UFC to fight Evans

Newf
12-05-2009, 01:13 PM
from tsn.ca

Quinton (Rampage) Jackson says he is returning to the UFC to fight Rashad Evans.

Jackson and Evans were slated to meet next week at UFC 107 in Jackson's home town of Memphis. But Jackson pulled out to film the movie version of "The A-Team" in Vancouver.

That drew the ire of UFC president Dana White, who was forced to find a new main event without the home-town draw of Jackson.

The two former light-heavyweight champions served as rival coaches on Season 10 of "The Ultimate Fighter."

Jackson, 31, has previously used his blog to criticize how the TV show portrayed him, but now says he is returning to the UFC.

"I wanted to let my fans know that I'm going to come back to the UFC and finish my contract," he said in a post on his webpage

"I'm coming back for my fans and to shut Rashad's mouth up and shut Dana's mouth up. Then after that I'm going back to doing movies and I might do a boxing match once a year just to stay in shape."

Jackson may have to wait. Evans is due to fight Brazilian Thiago Silva on Jan. 2 at UFC 108.

Notes: Former NFL star Herschel Walker will make his MMA debut Jan. 30 on a Strikeforce card at BankAtlantic Center in Sunrise, Fla. Strikeforce did not announce the 47-year-old Walker's opponent. The card also features Nick Diaz and Strikeforce 145-pound women's champion Cris (Cyborg) Santos.

Kamdyn
12-09-2009, 02:24 AM
I cant wait to see him knock out Rashad, Its going to be good fight.

kiryjuan
12-11-2009, 07:49 PM
I will like to see those two
Jackson and Evans

:yeaah: