PDA

View Full Version : help with amc4?

unseen
12-05-2009, 01:33 PM
when I'm scanning th sky for sats what tp frequencies should I be using ???I'm in northen ontario trying to look up amc 4. Any help would be apreciated

Bigpineguy Retired
12-05-2009, 01:53 PM
try 11822H

http://www.lyngsat.com/amc4.html
BPG~

unseen
12-05-2009, 02:41 PM
tks for the help but I'm new at this true fta thing but really interested any help would be nice. currently using a vs ultra with a 36" pan, and linear lnb. That part is easy to set up, but when I start with my settings this is where I get confused.

when I go to antenna setup this is what I see

satellite amc 4/c 101.0w
lnb power on
lnb type universal
lnb high range between 5150 - 11475
lnb low range between 5150 - 11475
tp freq. range between 3709 - 4134
diseqc 1.0 none (don't have one)
motor off (don't have one)
legacy sw none ???

so what setting should I have for amc 4 ?

Mr Hanky
12-05-2009, 02:59 PM
Correct me if Im wrong,isnt satellite amc 4/c 101.0w a 'C' band sat with those low freq.The second 101w is a Ku linear lineup 10750 freq.lol

Bigpineguy Retired
12-05-2009, 03:03 PM
Correct me if Im wrong,isnt satellite amc 4/c 101.0w a 'C' band sat with those low freq.The second 101w is a Ku linear lineup 10750 freq.lol

101west has both "C" band and KU band, correct...

BPG~

Mr Hanky
12-05-2009, 03:13 PM
Then i would think this is what he is looking for:

satellite amc 2/4 Ku 101.0w
lnb power on
lnb type universal
lnb range between 950/10750
legacy sw none ???

Transponder 11822 H to locate signal strength.
There is not a lot of tv on this sat presently,but it does have the History and Biography channels working,and the odd international RTP etc.

TurboPirate
12-05-2009, 05:14 PM
What LNB is on the dish right now? This is important to know, if you want to test with KU like I did, this is what you need to know
11822 H 5700 2/3 Use this TP to do the aiming, once you have it chage TP to 12060 H 26700 3/4 wish is the weaker TP and where BIO and HIS are, fine tune the dish in this TP when you get the max Q you can get tight all the bolts and nuts and perform a sat scan and after is done check the epg the channels with the name BIO and HIS will not open, keep looking you'll find Test1 Test2, this are BIO and HIS wide open, after you search and know what you want then delete all the channels you do not like. Enjoy.

Costactc
12-05-2009, 05:17 PM
when I'm scanning th sky for sats what tp frequencies should I be using ???I'm in northen ontario trying to look up amc 4. Any help would be apreciated

I live in Eastern Ontario and 101w is a really strong sat on both c and ku band. Have a look at lyngsat for tp numbers and polarity.

secheltpaul
12-05-2009, 05:58 PM
Hi unseen
What type of receiver do you have? What size of dish do you have? What type of l n b f do you have? I have 8 stationary ku band mostly 30’’ inch dishes. All with STANDARD liner L N B f. amc 4 has both c-band and ku band. I live in b. c .

You do not need a universal L N B F. A lot of people have problems with universal.
i Just checked these t.p’s
Freq 11822 s/r 5700 pol H fec ¾ very strong transponder
12060 26700 H ¾ strong
11860 28138 H ¾ strong
12120 30000 V 3/4 weaker
12159 30000 V ¾ weakest

unseen
12-05-2009, 06:59 PM
tks for all the info but i don't know what to do with it ? with a vs ultra

this is my lnb

13v/18v dual output digital ku lnbf
input frequency 11.7-12.2ghz
frquency 950-1450 mhz
output frequency 950-1450 mhz
linear polarization horizontal

satellite amc 4/c 101.0w
lnb power on
lnb type universal ( i have the option of universal,standard , ocs-dp,lagacy twin,lagacy quad lnb)
lnb high range between 5150 - 11475 (so what would I put here?)
lnb low range between 5150 - 11475 (and here)
tp freq. range between 3709 - 4134 ( and here)
legacy sw none ???

and if the lnb range and tp range don't go high enough I just have to add them?

secheltpaul
12-05-2009, 07:44 PM
You need to tell use or me anyway what type your lnb it is. Universal or standard?
See if you can fine some numbers on it ok.
I am going out for a few hours I will pm you when I get back. Hang in there will all help you and you will be watching amc4 soon.

sorry i see it's universal for your post sorry some how mist it !

secheltpaul
12-05-2009, 07:53 PM
this will work for your receiver. got to run now

How I add satellites to my viewsat extreme 2000 receiver

To add a satellite to a viewsat receiver first go to main menu by clicking menu button on remote then go to channel scan. Press the arrow key down two times until the edit tp icon near bottom lights up, next scroll sideways along the icons until you get to add a sat third icon, press ok and it will add a satellite called user sat. Next scroll over to the rename icon the fourth icon press ok and a keyboard will pop up. Us you arrow keys on remote to move to the numbers and letters you want to use. . When the number or letter you would like to add is highlighted in yellow press ok on remote to add letter or number and so on until the satellite name you want to add is in rename space on keypad then press the green f2 button on your receiver to save it. It will be added to your satellite lineup. So next you would add the tp numbers for that satellite and exit out saving as you go.

If you are unsure of what you have done just say no to saving it on the way out and nothing will change.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How I add a transponder numbers (tp’s) to my viewsat extreme 2000 receiver

On my viewsat extreme to add a t.p. or edit one I go to the main setup menu /installation then channel scan. Once in channel scan make sure you have the right satellite to edit or add tp to. Press the down arrow on the remote two times until the edit tp icon at bottom lights up next press ok on your remote this will take you into the box showing all the t.p’s and highlights the first one. So now you can scroll up or down with remote arrow keys to the t.p. you want to edit. Use the green f2 button on the remote to edit, and the remote number pad to add the T.P. numbers. Or use the red f1 button on remote and add a new t.p. use the arrow keys on remote to move sideways along the list of numbers. Use remote arrow keys to change the polarity and the fec. Press the exit key and say yes to save.

If your unsure or don’t like what you set, just don’t save it on the why out.

On my viewsat 2000 extreme you install PID numbers buy going to main menu
, installation, channel scan, press arrow down 2 times to go to edit tp icon at bottom press ok this takes you in to the box of tp’s. Next arrow down to the tp you want (from the list) and then press f4 enter the video pid, audio pid and pcr pid and press ok, Exit to the main screen making sure you say yes to save changes. Repeat procedure for each channel.
The channel will come as user Chan 1 etc. You can edit this in channel edit.

secheltpaul
12-05-2009, 08:04 PM
Ok sorry again! This doesn’t necessarily make it a universal l n b. just had a look at a spare STANDARD l n b I have right here as I type this and it has the same numbers.
Maybe see if you can find out if it says standard or universal? Sorry to confuse the thinks.
Ok now I really must go. I get back to you.

Costactc
12-05-2009, 08:40 PM
tks for all the info but i don't know what to do with it ? with a vs ultra

this is my lnb

13v/18v dual output digital ku lnbf
input frequency 11.7-12.2ghz
frquency 950-1450 mhz
output frequency 950-1450 mhz
linear polarization horizontal

satellite amc 4/c 101.0w
lnb power on
lnb type universal ( i have the option of universal,standard , ocs-dp,lagacy twin,lagacy quad lnb)
lnb high range between 5150 - 11475 (so what would I put here?)
lnb low range between 5150 - 11475 (and here)
tp freq. range between 3709 - 4134 ( and here)
legacy sw none ???

and if the lnb range and tp range don't go high enough I just have to add them?

lnb power on
standard
10750 frequency
diseq port if using switch

Those are your important settings

unseen
12-05-2009, 11:09 PM
i got it tks to all the help from all you helpful members everyone here is great tks again now i'm looking at history and biography channels

secheltpaul
12-06-2009, 01:58 AM
coped from the net

A Linear or Standard LNB will get from 11.7-12.2 GHZ
A Universal will go from 10.7-12.75GHZ

There are 2 bands on KU, low (10.7-11.7) and High (11.7-12.2). Universals are almost a necessity in Europe as they have satellites that have KU from 10.7-12.75
Here in North America, the only satellite that needs a Universal is PAS9 (58W). The area from 12.2-12.75GHZ is used by DBS (whereas in Europe its for KU Band)

but , a Standard LNB you can use a DiSEeqC or 22k switch to hook up multiple LNB's

unseen
12-06-2009, 11:58 AM
tks all of you great members here for all of your help. You all have helped and save yet another vs ultra a trip to the back of a closet, and the start of a new and intriguing hobby

andyb2
12-08-2009, 01:48 AM
If ya still end up with problems just state it here and I can help also.I know the the frequency is not the same on a VS Ultra.Its a bit off and most boxes are same that is where blind scan comes in.The best blind scan you can get is from an old coolsat.