PDA

View Full Version : What is this switch called?

nt1
05-09-2011, 07:43 PM
I only run 2 single lnb's to a 2 port disec.. to 1 receiver.

I want to knwo what switch it is called I need to run 2 receivers?

Like split the satelite cable in 2 to 2 receivers

Anubis
05-09-2011, 08:54 PM

A one in 2 out switch.

D-troit
05-09-2011, 09:02 PM

Need a little more information on your setup. The 2 lnbs you are using now are they dual lnbs (2 ports on each lnb) and the switch you describe as a 2 port diseqc switch are you sure it is not a SW21 or 22Khz tone switch. There are several ways to do this if you are using dual lnbs but if you are using single lnbs with just one port on them then the best solution would be to purchase a dishpro twin lnb. You can then run one line straight from each port on dishpro twin to each box. If you have dual legacy lnbs (2 ports on each lnb) you can use either two 4x1 diseqc switches, two 22Khz Ecoda switches, two SW21 or a zinwell 4x4 multiswitch.

Connect one line from each lnb to the SW21, 22Khz or 4x1 diseqc switch run the outport to one stb. Do the same with the other port on the dual lnb using the same switche(s) set up the menu the same on each box. To use the 4x4 zinwell you will have to connect both ports of each lnb to the 4x4 multiswitch. Run a line from each output port on the zinwell 4x4 multiswitch to each box you want to use. If these are single or dual dishpro lnbs then a DP34 switch will work.

nt1
05-09-2011, 09:31 PM
Eeeegh that was a too long of a setup to do. Any easier way.

I only have single lnb's 2 of them pointing 110 119
I have a disec that switches to either one obviously
The line goes to 1 receiver.

I simply want to have it go to 2 receivers.

Someone told me an sw21 would work but that looks like a disec to me.

I do not want to get dual lnbs, another disec etc... and get another cabling wire through the house just for another connection. I just want one wire through the house and spit that to 2 receivers.

Please help.

A one in 2 out switch.

What is a one in 2 outswitch. How much are they and are they easily attainable?

D-troit
05-09-2011, 09:43 PM
Eeeegh that was a too long of a setup to do. Any easier way.

I only have single lnb's 2 of them pointing 110 119
I have a disec that switches to either one obviously
The line goes to 1 receiver.

I simply want to have it go to 2 receivers.

Someone told me an sw21 would work but that looks like a disec to me.

I do not want to get dual lnbs, another disec etc... and get another cabling wire through the house just for another connection. I just want one wire through the house and spit that to 2 receivers.

Please help.

What is a one in 2 outswitch. How much are they and are they easily attainable?

Using those single lnbs you have no other choice but to run two lines to your house after changing lnbs, if you plan on using two stbs to two tvs. Sorry but thats the way it is if you are using two boxes for two tvs. If you are using both boxes on just one tv then the one line will work using an A/B switch but I dont know if thats what you want to do. The Dishpro Twin lnb would be the way I handled that but it will take another line to your house no getting around that for two stbs to two tvs.

zoogor
05-09-2011, 09:51 PM
the Zinwell 4x4 is a good switch for ya.

doggy10
05-09-2011, 09:55 PM
You can't split satellite signal like cable. If you want to run 2 receivers you will need dual lnb's and some switches.

D-troit
05-09-2011, 09:55 PM
the Zinwell 4x4 is a good switch for ya.

Sorry brother but the zinwell 4x4 will not work on single lnbs. You need two dual lnbs to connect both lnbs to a 4x4 multiswitch.

zoogor
05-09-2011, 09:58 PM
Sorry brother but the zinwell 4x4 will not work on single lnbs. You need two dual lnbs to connect both lnbs to a 4x4 multiswitch.
oh crap, thats right. he has singles. sorry

doggy10
05-09-2011, 10:04 PM
Lol. No worries zoog. It happens to te best of us;)

nt1
05-09-2011, 10:06 PM
oh crap, thats right. he has singles. sorry

Truthfully I have 1 dual and a single. I can buy another dual if this 4x4 will work. SO with this option I can run 1 cable through the brick in the house?

D-troit
05-09-2011, 10:07 PM
Lol. No worries zoog. It happens to te best of us;)

Amen to that doggy just this morning I hooked up an Ecoda backwards to the wrong on and off sides....lol

doggy10
05-09-2011, 10:08 PM
No. If your switch will be installed outside then you will have as many cables as receivers going into the house so in your case 2 cables for 2 receivers

D-troit
05-09-2011, 10:11 PM
Truthfully I have 1 dual and a single. I can buy another dual if this 4x4 will work. SO with this option I can run 1 cable through the brick in the house?

Well its nice to be truthful, thank you. Still and I emphasize this again, you will need two cables into your house even if its made of steel.

Terryl
05-09-2011, 10:13 PM
If he has single DP LNB's then a 3x4 switch will work fine.

He could run 2 receivers off 1 coax but one or the other receiver will have to be off for it to work right, then he could use the SW21, but the 3x4 or 4x4 switch would be the better option.

Most single DP LNB's have dual outputs, then 2 SW21's would also work to run 2 receivers.

We need to know exactly what type of LNB's he has, DP or other type.

Big difference between a DP dual and a DP twin VS a single LNB from a different source with a single output.

Also are they band stacking or legacy?

doggy10
05-09-2011, 10:13 PM
you can do it this way. look at post #13

http://www.satfix.net/showthread.php?58851-2nd-receiver

D-troit
05-09-2011, 10:23 PM

That set up is using two dual lnbs as I already explained he will still need another dual lnb as he said he had a single and a dual. Loopout could be used but then you limit yourself to watching the same channel on both stbs. For the price of another dual lnb the dishpro twin would be best because no other switches would be necessary. Still will have to run two llines.

Terryl
05-09-2011, 10:26 PM
I totally agree with "D-troit" on this, the DP twin would be the best bet, less stuff to go wrong. (Yes sill needs 2 coaxes)

nt1
05-09-2011, 10:31 PM

Thanks 2 cables so ... I have to drill. Thanks

doggy10
05-09-2011, 10:42 PM
Yes I know he only has one dual so he would haw to get another. Either way he needs to buy some new equipment and make 2 holes... Lol