PDA

View Full Version : Canucks vs Sharks

surfinisfun
05-14-2011, 08:35 PM
Seeds: No. 1 vs. No 2; Canucks beat the Blackhawks in seven games in the first round, and then beat the Predators in six games in the second round. Sharks beat the Kings in six games in the first round, then beat the Red Wings in seven games in the second round.

This is what we live for
San Jose it is
The top two teams in the Western Conference collide with a berth in the Stanley Cup Final as the prize. The big question could be which team's superstars step to the fore. Will it be the Sedins, Ryan Kesler and Roberto Luongo for the Canucks? Or can the Sharks' Olympic line of Joe Thornton, Patrick Marleau and Dany Heatley carry San Jose to its first Final?

Right here, right now: The Canucks won three of four regular-season meetings, but three of the four games were one-goal affairs, including two that went to shootouts. Vancouver showed it could win in San Jose, taking both games at HP Pavilion, including a 6-1 decision Nov. 26. However, San Jose won at Rogers Arena 2-1 in a shootout.

Coulda woulda: Each team survived nearly giving away a 3-0 series lead only to hold on for Game 7 victories. For the Canucks, it came in the first round against the Blackhawks. For the Sharks, they held on for a series win against the Red Wings in the conference semifinals, winning 3-2 in Game 7 on Thursday.

pandr
05-15-2011, 06:18 PM
Canucks, Sharks set to clash
MATTHEW SEKERES
VANCOUVER— Globe and Mail Update
Published Sunday, May. 15, 2011 1:48PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks have never won a conference finals game. The Vancouver Canucks haven’t won one in 17 years.

Sunday, one of these perennial bridesmaids will take an early lead in the NHL’s Western Conference final.

Game 1 at Rogers Arena will witness a rested Canucks team that is attempting to take advantage of six days off and maintain home-ice advantage. The Sharks, meanwhile, will attempt to channel the momentum they gained from a seven-game series victory against the Detroit Red Wings.

No Poll Needed.
Pick the winner with your comments.
I'll throw all the winners names in a hat, and the winner gets 200 Satfix Bux.
Good luck all.

Game 1: May 15 8:00pm EDT @VAN (TV: VS, CBC)
Game 2: May 18 9:00pm EDT @VAN (TV: VS, CBC)
Game 3: May 20 9:00pm EDT @SAN (TV: VS, CBC)
Game 4: May 22 3:00pm EDT @SAN (TV: NBC, CBC)
Game 5: May 24 9:00pm EDT @VAN (TV: VS, CBC)
Game 6: May 26 9:00pm EDT @SAN (TV: VS, CBC)
Game 7: May 28 8:00pm EDT @VAN (TV: VS, CBC)

Terryl
05-15-2011, 06:34 PM
The Sharks look good this time, lets see if they can finish cleaning the tank.

gusman
05-15-2011, 06:39 PM
Go for Canucks!

The Cobra
05-15-2011, 09:32 PM
With the Sedin sisters taking their usual springtime "hide and go seek" time and LUUUOOOO already overdo for his playoff vacation ...you gotta like the Sharks who are good on both ends of the ice. Kesler is my pick for the Conn Smythe so far but he can`t do a whole lot more waiting for the Sedins to show up. Sharks don`t have the overall defense that the Preds did but they have more firepower....I`m taking Sharks in 6 or 7

mental
05-15-2011, 11:35 PM
Seeing I am a Canuck I gotta go for the Canucks in this round.

The Cobra
05-16-2011, 03:11 AM
Seeing I am a Canuck I gotta go for the Canucks in this round.

after tonite`s display your bet looks a whole lot better than mine LOL

pandr
05-16-2011, 09:17 PM
after tonite`s display your bet looks a whole lot better than mine LOL

Looks like the Sedin sisters put thier pants back on. lol

sleddy2008
05-18-2011, 03:33 AM
Hahaha Clowe is saying their gonna pound the Nucks D tomorrow night.Kane said the same thing and he was introduced to Alex Edler LMAO

kenkell1
05-18-2011, 04:30 AM
The Sharks really don't stand a chance against the Canucks.

dishuser
05-18-2011, 04:38 AM
it's really looking good for cup to come to canada this year

surfinisfun
05-22-2011, 09:54 PM
Up 3-1 coming home

I like our chances.

Nice game boys

surfinisfun
05-22-2011, 10:02 PM
The Sharks look good this time, lets see if they can finish cleaning the tank.

Not today bud, thankfully the Orca tank is all clean. A couple of sharks tried to get in.....there gone now.:tehe:

pandr
05-23-2011, 05:52 PM
Oh my!!! One win away. Could it happen? Methinks so.

ironworks
05-26-2011, 12:45 AM
Oh my!!! One win away. Could it happen? Methinks so.

Well of course it will happen Pandr................

pandr
05-27-2011, 08:15 PM
Put the Canuck picks in a hat and drew a name. Looks like Surfinisfun just won 50 Satfix Bux. Congrats my friend. Go Canucks.

surfinisfun
05-28-2011, 12:22 AM
Put the Canuck picks in a hat and drew a name. Looks like Surfinisfun just won 50 Satfix Bux. Congrats my friend. Go Canucks.

Thank you for the bux buddy...i bought myself a goofy looking lion.

Go Nucks