PDA

View Full Version : space needed for 10' BUD

kaztor
05-28-2011, 05:12 PM
hi all,

i was looking at the local ads and found a BUD at a good price. It is a 10 footer. Im wondering how much space (clear room) it is needed for it to work properly.

thanks

Costactc
05-28-2011, 05:38 PM
As long as you have a clear path to the south, not that much space is required. I would say 9' x 9' or to be safe 10' x 10'. Also make sure that city bylaw allows for it. Prvious home city bylaw was no higher then 13' from the ground. Here are some pics of my setup, you can see just how close my bud is to my deck and fence with the neighbour:104861048710488

jvvh5897
05-28-2011, 08:14 PM
Well, clear path to the south for the arc of satellites. For North America you might have elevation angle of 40 degrees or so directly to the south, and have to deal with decreasing EL for arc from your longitude +- at least 60 degrees (as I recal the max swing is 87 degrees +- to end up pointing at horizon ). But, yes, for ground space around the dish to have the ability to swing through that space is not very big. I have a small dish between two buildings spaced about 12 feet apart--that you have about 40 degree EL means that line of sight clears building directly to the south pretty well and although EL drops from directly south, the roof line gets further away and so lower.

kaztor
05-31-2011, 05:10 AM
thanks,

well i have a clear view to the south. but not much space as in the backyard I have an 18' pool. So yes the main problem will be space around the dish itself. ground space should be 10'x10' to be safe ?

thanks again