PDA

View Full Version : Picking up echo 7 119 but not echo 8 110

smileyfta
06-02-2011, 10:51 PM
Ok I just had to relocate my dish because of the neighbors overgrown trees. Up until last week have been watching tv fine with great signal and quality on both 119 and 110 with a dish pro 500 with the dual lnb (maybe quads it has 2 lnbs with 2 coax outs on them). Anyways had to move the dish to the roof to get a clear shot at the south west sky. So I moved it, have it level, got all my settings from dishpointer etc. etc. Now here is my problem, I am only locking into Echo 7 on Port 2 trans 12355 when I have always in the past locked into echo 7 Port 1 trans 12355 and Echo 8 port 2 trans 12339. I have a Sonicview 360Elite. Should I lock into echo 8 first and then echo 7 should come in? In the past I have always just locked into one of them and they both came in, and it's been years since I had to realign a dish. I am stumped, why is echo 7 coming in on port 1 now. Also I can't watch tv so it does no good to even come on on that port. I have not changed my coax from coming out of the dish either, simply left them connected and moved to roof and anded more coax. I have a connection I think or I wouldn't be getting anything. Do I knew to skew, move the dish left or right, up or down, or what? Thank you for your help, been at this all Day long and no luck! It's been so long since I had to do this and the tutorials are very vague and they only tell you to point, doesn't say which bird to try first and then what to do to hit both.

bkr™
06-03-2011, 02:53 AM
Well confused by your description of the lnb(s) you are using. Interpreting maybe as a dp twin, single cable to receiver (no switch), how am I doing so far? If so, then 119w (echo7) DiSEqC 1 tp 12224 (as default tp) tp 12297 for S% and Q%, 110w echo 10,11 DiSEqC 2 tp 12224. Lnb type ocs-dp, lnb freq 11250. Do not know if your skew is correct, or if your pointing in the correct location. Try
www.dishpointer.com correct elevation, skew, and azimuth pointing.