PDA

View Full Version : Tripod installation for 36" dish.

Pollypurabred
06-22-2011, 03:35 PM
Recently came across a 99 X 90 CM WSI offset dish, SG600 motor, and a QPH-031 LNB and I am looking for experience users that have used a similar system. The mounting bracket can accepted up to a 2" pole mount. Not sure if will use motor but would like to mount it anyway. This system will be used from a apt, building balcony that is why I need the portability.

I have browse the web and have seen plenty of tripods so I am looking for suggestions: tripod height, does it need an offset mounting to balance the dishes weight and I am sure other items I haven't thought of.

Appreciate and thanks for any input.

fn59
06-22-2011, 07:16 PM
I would mount each foot of the tripod to patio stones. One thing I noticed about tripods is that theres a bit of "wiggle" to them. You could probably make a better mount with a couple bags of cement, a rubbermaid storage bin and a 2" pipe.

Terryl
06-22-2011, 07:47 PM
Google this one "Perfect Vision NPR8 Non-Penetrating Flat-Roof Mount" it will support the dish and motor, all you add is the bricks.

And I assume that the balcony has a good view of the southern sky right?

Pollypurabred
06-23-2011, 05:24 PM
The more I read about tripods the less I like them. While there are some nice units out there, 130 USD, I believe I will look at the Non-Penetrating units. Thanks for pushing me in the right direction.

BTW Terryl, very good view of the southern sky.

Pollypurabred
06-25-2011, 05:05 PM
Not pushing this site (not a dime in it) but if you search for "Perfect Vision NPR8 Non-Penetrating Flat-Roof Mount" you will see prices all over the board and most site charged at least 15 USD for...