PDA

View Full Version : Whirlpool Thin Twin Washer Drum Is Tilted

fta1001
08-05-2011, 09:22 PM
Whirlpool Thin Twin Stackable Washer/Dryer Washer Drum is tilted. Ran a load with a large towel and it unbalanced load during spin. Now drum is tiled to left side. Any Ideas on how to fix this and/or remove front panel of washer to inspect?

steveOtoo
08-05-2011, 10:22 PM
i am not familiar with the stackable washer/dryer combo's but on Whirlpoool design2000 type washers there is a spring attached between the transmission and the rear frame which will rust and the spring will pop causing the tub to pitch forward causing out of balance and leaking from the fill valve splashing on the tub lid. Pull the washer out from the wall and then tip it towards the wall and take a look. Out of balance can also occur with too small of a load, as in a single towel lumping up on one side of the tub. Always try to use a big enough load to circle the basket. Good Luck

Terryl
08-05-2011, 10:59 PM
I would just jack it up on that side and add a block of wood.............................................. ...................................Sorry.......... .....................................My fault...............:sickofme:

steveOtoo
08-05-2011, 11:28 PM
Sounds like someone already hit the "Jack"................

fta1001
08-06-2011, 12:51 AM
i am not familiar with the stackable washer/dryer combo's but on Whirlpoool design2000 type washers there is a spring attached between the transmission and the rear frame which will rust and the spring will pop causing the tub to pitch forward causing out of balance and leaking from the fill valve splashing on the tub lid. Pull the washer out from the wall and then tip it towards the wall and take a look. Out of balance can also occur with too small of a load, as in a single towel lumping up on one side of the tub. Always try to use a big enough load to circle the basket. Good Luck

Thanks, any ideas on removing the front panel?, not sure how it is attached. Drum is tilting to left a lot, stuck in that position. If I could remove the front panel, I might be able to see the problem.

steveOtoo
08-06-2011, 01:30 AM
You might be able to look under the washer just by tilting it back as i suggested earlier without removing any panels.

fta1001
08-06-2011, 02:52 PM
Thanks, I missed that, will try tilting back.