PDA

View Full Version : Filling and draining w/o cycle

catthepatch
12-13-2009, 04:58 PM
Washer will keep filling and at the same time draining without going through wash cycle. My problem started with a plugged drain line, the washer would not spin out all the water. So I fixed the drain line, ran a cycle and forgot to plug in the sump pump. After I dried the sump pump, and drained the basement the washer just keeps filling and draining. After reading the post of how washers work I will take a look at the fill switch. Hope this will fix the issue. Will let you know later...

seahappy
12-13-2009, 05:03 PM
A washer will continue to fill until the water lever sensor has the water level that has been selected ....Do not know why the water is draining out of your machine ??? I guess you know the drain hose must be hihger that the water level or it will drain out by gravity ?????.........lol

catthepatch
12-13-2009, 07:14 PM
Very illuminating. Just have a soft hose rounding the washer at ground level. Seemed to work fine before though. It's a Kelvinator by the way, fairly new and very new to us as the old one just died. Have looked at the back and everything seems to be fine. I will now put it back together and give it another try. Thank you, will keep you up to date, as I need to do laundry.

catthepatch
12-13-2009, 08:26 PM
Yes, apparently the drain hose must be higher than the water level. Problem solved, now the wash...:thumbsup: