PDA

View Full Version : motech sg2100 manual set up

monkeyu
08-26-2011, 11:37 PM
Hello! I have recieved motech sg2100 rotor! Before i put it on my plumed pole do i have to do what the manual say! It says to loosen the screw on the limit slider and ajust the limit slider to the wanted angle east or west!! Do i havt o do this or can i just leave it the way it is and mount it on my pole and put the dish on and use dishpointer.com and find my true south and find my satellites?

StanW
08-27-2011, 12:15 AM
Hello! I have recieved motech sg2100 rotor! Before i put it on my plumed pole do i have to do what the manual say! It says to loosen the screw on the limit slider and ajust the limit slider to the wanted angle east or west!! Do i havt o do this or can i just leave it the way it is and mount it on my pole and put the dish on and use dishpointer.com and find my true south and find my satellites?You would only use the limit slider if there is any risk of the dish hitting the roof , or any other obstructions in its travel from your location ..... the 'any satellite;' method worked for my :thumbsup:

bkr™
08-27-2011, 12:19 AM
I would follow what the manual says.

monkeyu
08-27-2011, 01:09 AM
THanks bkr! I will do that! factory has it set only for 70! so ill ajust the limit slider so it hits 80,full east west!

StanW
08-27-2011, 01:13 AM
I would follow what the manual says.

THanks bkr! I will do that! factory has it set only for 70! so ill ajust the limit slider so it hits 80,full east west!

Don't forget to take the instruction manual on the roof with you m:thumbsup:

monkeyu
08-27-2011, 01:59 AM
lol will do Stanw!