PDA

View Full Version : Antenna TV on C/ku band?

Thun
08-29-2011, 01:35 PM
Is Antenna TV on C or Ku band? I can't get it by Antenna. ha..

anyonomus
08-29-2011, 01:54 PM
Is Antenna TV on C or Ku band? I can't get it by Antenna. ha..

It uses and Over The Air (Digital??) antenna and it is not on C nor KU.
Not sure how to answer the "ha" part.. ;)

jvvh5897
08-29-2011, 04:01 PM
It is not listed as an open channel, but I bet it is distributed on a sat somewhere. Could be distributed by internet.
If you like Antenna TV you might like RetroTV on ku 83 degree sat, or the MeTV that can be found on C band 118.8 as kdev-lp

Thun
08-30-2011, 12:51 AM
I get RTV, Me TV and This TV by satellite. I'm just wondering why Antenna TV isn't carried by satellite like all the others, and if it is, where is it?

anyonomus
08-30-2011, 01:01 AM
I get RTV, Me TV and This TV by satellite. I'm just wondering why Antenna TV isn't carried by satellite like all the others, and if it is, where is it?

Why not visit this link and as I mentioned above see if it available by Terrestrial digital TV in your area,..
Enter your zip..
hxxp://www.antennatv.tv/

On your question as to why it is not available on Sat,,, see below the quote from there own internet site//

"Q: Is Antenna TV on DIRECT or DN?
A: Neither DIRECT nor DN have chosen to add Antenna TV to their local channel packages but they are making Antenna TV available through their over-the-air receivers with an antenna in cities that have a local Antenna TV affiliate."

jvvh5897
08-31-2011, 05:03 PM
Or go to the antenna tv site and find a broadcaster with a link to the engineering department and ask them how they get the signal. Or, drive to the station nearest to you and look at what sat dishes they have--might give you a clue. Or, check the sites like lyngsat for the signal--as the NA open FTA list from lyngsat does not have it listed, then it may be encrypted, and there is not a "every single channel" list so you might have to look through lots of birds. Could be on Ka band and not C or Ku. Do google search--you might find a Wiki post that has the info, or another site's thread with some info that a spider found.

Terryl
08-31-2011, 05:34 PM
The feeds for "Antenna TV" programming to their affiliates come from Chicago via Super station WGN, they use a "Mux*" on their WGN America channels carried on Galaxy 14 (125W "C" band) TP 3960H, but it is a mux channel and you wont get anything without a professional satellite receiver and one that will decode "PowerView" encryption.

*Mux = Multiplex, a sub-channel (or sub-channels) used for secondary video/audio programming, you can have other TV stations ride on the main carrier, this requires special recivers to receive the "Mux" channels.

Pollypurabred
09-01-2011, 05:34 AM
I did go an investigate based on jvvh5897 (http://www.satfix.net/member.php?5150-jvvh5897) post, found their homesite, and discovered that it was "local" for myself...kewl. It is broadcasted on Comcast, for me, but only as a DTV channel.

I actually sit and watched a couple of hours, curse you jv, as I could hear my grass growing after hurricane Irene.

anyonomus
09-01-2011, 12:18 PM
I did go an investigate based on jvvh5897 (http://www.satfix.net/member.php?5150-jvvh5897) post, found their homesite, and discovered that it was "local" for myself...kewl. It is broadcasted on Comcast, for me, but only as a DTV channel.

I actually sit and watched a couple of hours, curse you jv, as I could hear my grass growing after hurricane Irene.

No need for members to do a search for there homesite.. I posted the link above in post #5.. :)
Alas .. It is not available where I am at so I will miss out on knowing what is on.. ;(

Thun
09-01-2011, 03:06 PM
but it is a mux channel and you wont get anything without a professional satellite receiver and one that will decode "PowerView" encryption.

In other words if they ever show anything good on Antenna it would be easier to move! My arc stops at 119W and I hate to imagine how much a professional receiver would go for....but since I'm on the subject, what is, how much and can an ordinary joe get a "professional" sat receiver?

jvvh5897
09-01-2011, 05:02 PM
As I recall PowerVU lets you get audio on any DVB receiver, so you could listen. I find the oldies TV a bit funny, yes, some of us might have grown up on it, and some of it is not all that bad, and some of it gives you a good idea of why we have the type of TV that we have today, but most of it is not good.

There is a fairly cheap USB box that lets you get just about any signal, but does ot have the code to decrypt anything--you just get the open channels. What was that box called....only cost $200 or so (as opposed to the motorola dsr boxes that are around $600-$1000)...Qbox II I think, maybe Skywalker...Skywalker seems more like what I recall browsing before.