PDA

View Full Version : Need help plz!!!

guayaba18
09-06-2011, 02:32 AM
I have the sonicview 1000 it connected to a c-band satellite dish(1 meter). I am really new to all of this so i don't what happening. Recently when a thunder storm occurred in my area the LGCF-D12T twin output c-band lnbf part stop working. I got another one the week but yet a thunder storm happened and it stop working. i ask my friend what happen but he doesn't know what could be the problem so if any one could help me out.

Gold
09-06-2011, 01:10 PM
I have the sonicview 1000 it connected to a c-band satellite dish(1 meter). I am really new to all of this so i don't what happening. Recently when a thunder storm occurred in my area the LGCF-D12T twin output c-band lnbf part stop working. I got another one the week but yet a thunder storm happened and it stop working. i ask my friend what happen but he doesn't know what could be the problem so if any one could help me out.

You know if you are not getting any strikes. The air is actually full of electricity during electrical storms. It could be your dish, house or something is not properly grounded.

It could be your receiver is putting out the wrong volts...
First I might look at the menu & see if in your dish setting the LNB is "On" & 22KHz "Off"

Do you have two receivers?
Try the other port on the LNB if the above does not solve anything.

Make sure your coax is good & water free. Just the slightest bit of moisture can cause grounding havoc

guayaba18
09-07-2011, 01:37 AM
thx for the help. i checked out what you told me everything seem to be okay. I think the problem could be that my dish is not well grounded do you know where i could find instruction on how to ground it.

StanW
09-07-2011, 01:48 AM
thx for the help. i checked out what you told me everything seem to be okay. I think the problem could be that my dish is not well grounded do you know where i could find instruction on how to ground it.
Good instructions here :
Info about Grounding Your Systems (http://www.satfix.net/showthread.php?1167-Info-about-Grounding-Your-Systems)