PDA

View Full Version : Dmx522

Gold
12-15-2009, 10:31 PM
Well I couldn't pass on that price I had to pick up another DMX522, maybe I can incorporate it on the BUD. I took down both my Ku Sats & I am missing the Rockford Files on RTN :bawl:

hoop://www.galaxy-marketing.com/

Costactc
12-15-2009, 10:47 PM
Eh Gold, what are you using on your bud? If your picking up a dual ku lnb your probably using a c band lnbf. I'm sure you could attach it to your bud. Up here in Canada we rely heavily on duct tape:tehe:

Gold
12-15-2009, 11:10 PM
I have a DMX741U. I just cannot figure out the Universal Ku side to that LNBF. I have only got it to work on a couple TP's.

I figure it's probably Operator error :innocent:

Costactc
12-15-2009, 11:25 PM
Gold, I used to use a universal lnb when I lived in Europe but that was 9 years ago. We were picking up tps from 10700-12750- that's how broad the spectrum is there. If I'm not mistaken, but don't quote me:
universal
22khz on

Like I said it's been a while- I know we used to use the 22khz for the high band12200-12750.

Gold
12-16-2009, 10:57 AM
I believe you're right Cost, but when I set both my receivers to Universal the 22Khz either disappears or goes blank...so that I cannot set it to 22Khz on.

I have a CS6100 & a nFusion HD.

Gold
12-16-2009, 07:35 PM
Well, I figured it out.
I replaced the cheap little piece of cable that comes with the LNBF for another splice of my own, & I am happy to announce I now have Ku. :comfort1:Go figure. I messed around for months with that on the Mini & gave up. Then when I put it on the BUD it still didn't work so I gave up. Can you imagine it was just the cable...

My RTN Q was pretty poor 30% but that's better then nothing. I actually hate to mess too much with the LNB because I have 100% Q on several C TP's.

I might break open the new DMX & see If I can make my own case for it & mount it right next to the DMX.

Do you think that Duct Tape would make a good outer case?
haha :stop:

Costactc
12-16-2009, 08:45 PM
Well, I figured it out.
I replaced the cheap little piece of cable that comes with the LNBF for another splice of my own, & I am happy to announce I now have Ku. :comfort1:Go figure. I messed around for months with that on the Mini & gave up. Then when I put it on the BUD it still didn't work so I gave up. Can you imagine it was just the cable...

My RTN Q was pretty poor 30% but that's better then nothing. I actually hate to mess too much with the LNB because I have 100% Q on several C TP's.

I might break open the new DMX & see If I can make my own case for it & mount it right next to the DMX.

Do you think that Duct Tape would make a good outer case?
haha :stop:

Good to hear. I don't know about the States but here in Canada duct tape is a staple.

Pollypurabred
12-17-2009, 01:24 AM
Duct tape is one of the top priorities here in the states; next to math, sex and alcohol that is.

Good to hear. I don't know about the States but here in Canada duct tape is a staple.

Costactc
12-17-2009, 05:28 PM
Good to know that the overall functionality of the North American continent depends on duct tape.:yes::thumbsup: