PDA

View Full Version : EMP Centauri 9 x 4 Multi Switch... HELP

natbc
09-27-2011, 03:13 AM
Hello,

I need help I don't know what I have done my EMP Centauri 9 x 4 Multi Switch was working for 1yr now but its not working now. I have 1 Nano and a 360 pre setup. ever time I turn one on the other one loss the signal.

Is there any one that can help?

Nate

Green Thumb
09-27-2011, 03:15 AM
What type of LNBs are you using and how many sats

natbc
09-27-2011, 04:27 AM
What type of LNBs are you using and how many sats

LNBF and I'm only going for 119?

WillDekkard
09-27-2011, 05:51 AM
LNBF and I'm only going for 119?

If you are only pointing to 1 sat and feeding only 2 receivers, then why the elaborate switch ? 1 sat and 2 receivers don't require a switch.

natbc
09-28-2011, 02:26 AM
If you are only pointing to 1 sat and feeding only 2 receivers, then why the elaborate switch ? 1 sat and 2 receivers don't require a switch.

I use a local HD TV DB8 Antenna that way I use that one are you able to help?

Nate

homer_™
09-28-2011, 03:10 AM
You must at least be using dual lnbs in order for these switches to work with multiple recievers. You will need two lines going to your lnb. One for horizontal polarity and another for vertical polarity.

If your using one LNB you should be plugging into the first two ports of the switch

Your settings on both receivers should be the same

LNB type standard
Diceque 1
22hz off

WillDekkard
09-28-2011, 05:28 AM
I use a local HD TV DB8 Antenna that way I use that one are you able to help?

Nate

Below is single LNB with OTA setup using a 3x4 multiswitch and 2 Diplexors (disregard/omit the DP Twin and the SW21 switches):
http://www.satfix.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=11517&d=1317187042
It goes without saying that all equipment must be grounded - Dish(es),cables,antenna(s), and especially switches to an earth ground.

natbc
09-29-2011, 01:31 AM
OK let me say it one more time. I have 2 LNBF with two cable come from both I have one cable going to DB8 Antenna. They are going to EMP Centauri 9 x 4 Multi Switch why you ask I don't wont to go out to buy another again. The are going to two TV one with Nano and the other one is SV 360 pre. The Antenna works but when I turn on the one of the recievers the other one does not work (no signal) Nate

homer_™
09-29-2011, 01:43 AM
OK let me say it one more time. I have 2 LNBF with two cable come from both I have one cable going to DB8 Antenna. They are going to EMP Centauri 9 x 4 Multi Switch why you ask I don't wont to go out to buy another again. The are going to two TV one with Nano and the other one is SV 360 pre. The Antenna works but when I turn on the one of the recievers the other one does not work (no signal) Nate

So two lnbs with two cables coming from each.... lnb 1 should be plugged into the first two ports and LNB 2 into the second two ports

Antenna settings should be:
LNB 1
LNB type standard
Diceque 1
22hz off

LNB 2
LNB type standard
Diceque 1
22hz on

Hypothetically if you had 4 lnbs which you very well could run on that switch (8 cables) your settings would be

LNB 3
LNB type standard
Diceque 2
22hz off

LNB 4
LNB type standard
Diceque 2
22hz on

WillDekkard
09-29-2011, 06:03 AM

All equipment must be grounded - Dish(es),cables,antenna(s), and especially switches to an earth ground.

Are you grounded ? Once you have more then 1 receiver those switches need to be grounded, you can have "issues", especially SV receivers.

natbc
10-03-2011, 01:18 AM
All equipment must be grounded - Dish(es),cables,antenna(s), and especially switches to an earth ground.

Are you grounded ? Once you have more then 1 receiver those switches need to be grounded, you can have "issues", especially SV receivers.

I'm in a appointment building. What is the best way to ground it?

Nathan

WillDekkard
10-03-2011, 06:14 AM
I'm in a appointment building. What is the best way to ground it?

Nathan

What is an appointment building ? . . . ?

The Dish(es), cables(using a 2.5GHz grounding block) and especially switches need to be grounded using 10ga insulted copper wire to a 8ft ground rod.

Pollypurabred
10-03-2011, 06:24 AM
WHAT is DU not posting today?......:hide:

Actually. I have always used at least a solid 6 copper conductor. It may be an overkill, similar to my exes.

The Dish(es), cables(using a 2.5GHz grounding block) and especially switches need to be grounded using 10ga insulted copper wire to a 8ft ground rod.

natbc
10-05-2011, 02:51 AM

I'm in a Condominium (condo building).