PDA

View Full Version : JCO past friend

whiteheather
10-11-2011, 10:25 PM
JCO you planned this...............H'mmmmmm
Families' Shock At Maternity Unit ReportSky News - 1 hour 10 minutes agoBiker Filmed Riding With Boy On Petrol TankSky News - 1 hour 40 minutes agoDeal To Free Israeli Soldier Held By HamasSky News - 1 hour 49 minutes agoUS Foils 'Iranian Plot To Kill Ambassador'Sky News - 1 hour 53 minutes agoRepublic of Ireland Secure Euro Play-offSky News - 2 hours 4 minutes ago.......Spain crush Scotland's play-off hopes
By Dermot Ledwith | AFP – 1 hour 18 minutes ago....tweet0EmailPrint......Related Content.
Enlarge Photo.Spain's forward David Silva (R) shoots to score during the Euro 2012 qualifying football …

Enlarge Photo.Spain's forward David Silva (up) celebrates with midfielder Santi Cazorla after scoring …
....A night that promised much drama ended in disappointment for Scotland as a 3-1 defeat in Spain left them third in Group I and denied them a chance of a place in the Euro 2012 play-offs.

Two first half goals from Manchester City's David Silva and a David Villa strike were enough for Spain who top the group with a 100 percent record from eight matches.

Scotland's consolation came from a David Goodwillie penalty on 64 minutes after Victor Valdes had tripped Steven Naismith.

Afterwards Spanish coach Vicente Del Boque summed up his side's philosophy and style.

"Up against two big centre-halves we've looked for our small men to score the goals," he said.

Silva, who has been in stunning form for Manchester City this season, said he had the formula for getting a regular start weith the national side.

"I just have to continue playing like that" he told Spanish TV afterwards, "we've passed and played well so we are happy."

Scotland manager Craig Levein was positive about his team, even though they failed to deliver at the end of qualifying Scotland's first appearance at a major finals since the 1998 World Cup finals.

"The result is disappointing, our hope tonight was they came down ten or fifteen per cent, but they were pretty close to the maximum and like that they are difficult to play against," said Levein.

"I have to give our guys enormous credit, on another day we could have had three or four goals," he said.

The home team were determined to show why they are reigning European and World Champions and settled into their passing game straight from kick-off, indeed it was two minutes before a Scottish player touched the ball.

As early as five minutes Spain were ahead. Valencia's Jordi Alba, on his debut, found space on the left wing to centre for Silva who finished crisply first time inside the near post.

And by the 15th minute when the Czechs were two goals up in Lithuania, one a penalty awarded by a Spanish referee, it was clear Scotland were going to get little from their trip to Alicante.

Indeed so complete was Spain's dominance, it wasn't until the 19th minute that they conceded a foul.

On 34 minutes Darren Fletcher came close for Scotland with a left footed shot and when four minutes later James Morrison shot high from a wide left position Scottish hopes were momentarily revived.

The Spanish however continued to create and Allan McGregor in Scotland's goal had to make a great outstretched save on 41 minutes from Santi Cazorla.

Three minutes later he could do nothing when Silva cut in from the right wing, exchanged passes with Pedro Rodriguez, and shot into the left hand corner to send the Scots in needing a second half miracle.

On 53 minutes Cazorla, Silva and Xavi Hernandez linked up delightfully on the right to find Villa in space in the Scottish area and the Barcelona striker easily slotted away his 50th goal in international football.

Scotland continued to toil and created more in the second half with substitute Goodwillie in particular providing some much needed spark in attack.

JCO
10-11-2011, 11:58 PM
I'm truly sorry Whiteheather, but after all we dont take no prisoners in tournaments.. Even if they are Scotish and they shaved their legs..:tehe:

whiteheather
10-12-2011, 12:51 AM
I'm truly sorry Whiteheather, but after all we dont take no prisoners in tournaments.. Even if they are Scotish and they shaved their legs..:tehe:

Shaved our legs................SHAVED OUR LEGS...shame on you laddie, the worst thing about it is 2 players who play for an ENGLISH team, scored two of the three goals......sacrelidge i say..........now me mad....going to send you uncooked haggis............................................ ...

Nostradamus
10-12-2011, 12:57 AM
I didn;t think you could make haggis any nastier than it already is but yeah I am guessing raw would be a way to do it :)

JCO
10-12-2011, 01:32 AM
Shaved our legs................SHAVED OUR LEGS...shame on you laddie, the worst thing about it is 2 players who play for an ENGLISH team, scored two of the three goals......sacrelidge i say..........now me mad....going to send you uncooked haggis............................................ ...

LOL at least the English teams recognised the spanish talent..LOL
Can I replace the haggis with Chorizo , Jamon Serrano and a couple of bottles of Rioja??

I promise Charlie, we will beat England also, and by more goals than we beat Scotland, if thats any consolation..:yeaah:

whiteheather
10-12-2011, 02:41 AM
LOL at least the English teams recognised the spanish talent..LOL
Can I replace the haggis with Chorizo , Jamon Serrano and a couple of bottles of Rioja??

I promise Charlie, we will beat England also, and by more goals than we beat Scotland, if thats any consolation..:yeaah:
you do that then your forgiven, if not haggis on way...................r......a......w......

Terryl
10-12-2011, 02:53 AM
I didn;t think you could make haggis any nastier than it already is but yeah I am guessing raw would be a way to do it :)

Can you imagine the first person who tried to come up with haggis, ""ummmm nope that one doesn't taste right, whats next to try"", ""lets put some of this in"", "" nope that didn't work"", ""Angus is still out back throwing up from the 3rd batch, lets give him a few to catch his breath"".

Nostradamus
10-12-2011, 03:44 AM
Can you imagine the first person who tried to come up with haggis, ""ummmm nope that one doesn't taste right, whats next to try"", ""lets put some of this in"", "" nope that didn't work"", ""Angus is still out back throwing up from the 3rd batch, lets give him a few to catch his breath"".

hell I thought they used the sheep gut for a barf bag hehehe

whiteheather
10-12-2011, 05:28 PM
you guys are bad to charlie... now me go shoot JCO with a live haggis lol lol

JCO
10-12-2011, 05:53 PM
you guys are bad to charlie... now me go shoot JCO with a live haggis lol lol

Can I have a few shots of Glenfiddich before you shoot me Charlie??? Please...:tehe:

Terryl
10-12-2011, 06:22 PM
Did some checking on to the origins of haggis, it was originally developed to be used as a catapult projectile to be used against the Romans, someone put some too close to a fire and it was all over then.

JCO do you have your rain coat on? Watch out for the RAW haggis.

Condor
10-12-2011, 06:42 PM
Sorry Charlie.I......I.....just couldn't help it.....Hehehehe..............http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb156/CCGirl_photos/Smilies/avatar130856_2.gif

whiteheather
10-12-2011, 06:55 PM
Thats it. my kilt is up. I have organised a group of sword baring scotsmen and one woman in kilts to take you all out, beware when walking the streets, and if you hear the pipes playing, you are all doomed....keep looking over your shoulder, I may be there..........................throwing haggis at you all.................Scotland Forever and as Wallace said...Freedom...p.s JCO is the first to fall lol lol and Boli is next ...................have a great day..you Sassenachs..........................

Condor
10-12-2011, 09:25 PM
You mean this Jco????????... http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww173/prestonjjrtr/Smileys/Spain/bull_fight_2.gif

JCO
10-12-2011, 10:48 PM
Did some checking on to the origins of haggis, it was originally developed to be used as a catapult projectile to be used against the Romans, someone put some too close to a fire and it was all over then.

JCO do you have your rain coat on? Watch out for the RAW haggis.

Packing my rain gear as we speak, going on a 3 day canoe camping trip this weekend and they are calling for a downpour..:thumbsup:

whiteheather
10-12-2011, 10:54 PM
You mean this Jco????????... http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww173/prestonjjrtr/Smileys/Spain/bull_fight_2.gif

thats him.....running lol

whiteheather
10-12-2011, 10:55 PM
Packing my rain gear as we speak, going on a 3 day canoe camping trip this weekend and they are calling for a downpour..:thumbsup:

poor laddie, and your wellies as well, and no hunting the haggis, it is the off season lol

JCO
10-12-2011, 11:04 PM
poor laddie, and your wellies as well, and no hunting the haggis, it is the off season lol

Dont worry Charlie , with the size of the bonfire we make the rain doesnt have a chance to hit the ground,,, LOL