PDA

View Full Version : running 2 stb's from two switches <moved>

trixterboy
10-15-2011, 11:46 PM
when I use my lime and viewsat at the same time I seem to get signal loss on the lime, as it seems the viewsat overpowers the lime and the lime freezes, would a signal amplifier help the situation, to give more juice to the lnb's to send signal to both stb's? as I understand it is the stb that powers the lnb's, and so i assume when i turn on 2 stb's the power is split between the both or all from viewsat and lime gets overpowered?

I have 2 emp's and 4 signals coming into both switches, and lots of rg6 coax in between the stb and the switches...

any advice???

Bigpineguy Retired
10-16-2011, 12:18 AM
Moved to a better spot for you to get help...

BPG~

WillDekkard
10-16-2011, 05:07 AM
when I use my lime and viewsat at the same time I seem to get signal loss on the lime, as it seems the viewsat overpowers the lime and the lime freezes, would a signal amplifier help the situation, to give more juice to the lnb's to send signal to both stb's? as I understand it is the stb that powers the lnb's, and so i assume when i turn on 2 stb's the power is split between the both or all from viewsat and lime gets overpowered?

I have 2 emp's and 4 signals coming into both switches, and lots of rg6 coax in between the stb and the switches...

any advice???

Is your dish system grounded? Most switching issues arise from a lack of grounding the dish(es), cables(using a 2.5GHz block), and especially switches. These must be grounded using a solid copper wire to an earth ground.

trixterboy
10-16-2011, 05:56 PM
yes the cable going into the house is grounded in the cable box with a block, what next?

WillDekkard
10-17-2011, 06:24 AM
yes the cable going into the house is grounded in the cable box with a block, what next?

Ground the switches and the Dish to an earth ground.