PDA

View Full Version : 1000.2 vs Turbo HD

D Cup
10-16-2011, 04:19 AM
I had a chance today to set up a Turbo HD dish and was amazed at the difference between it and the 1000.2. The sizes are different and the LNB arm is different and the degree marking slots for elevation are WAY different. The LNBs appear to be the same except they are different distances from the reflector and the reflector itself is a different shape. I could not find "markings" to set elevation on the TURBO and found numbers from Dish Pointer to be useless. I took a finely tuned 1000.2 dish off a pole and mounted the Turbo dish and aimed it in the general direction that the 1000.2 was working and had no luck AT ALL finding 119. I tried to figure out what numbers would work and finally just gave up and fell back on trial and error. When I finally got the Turbo aimed where it has good "Q" on 110 119 and 129 - it was FAR and I mean FAR away from where the 1000.2 was aimed and working. (The skew numbers were useable) If you ever need to try this just aim it a lot higher and a pretty good bit more to the west. I am in Alabama on the gulf coast so figure from there. If I picked out how to read the numbers on the gauge after the set up then perhaps the Dish pointer numbers were useable but still far from where my 1000.2 was aimed. All in all a frustrating day of dish pointing that I have not experienced in many years since putting up my 1st dish with nobody to show me how. The fireman that I was helping took the dish home to mount on his pole has not called to tell me if it worked. Since we were late finishing the job, I am sure he stopped off to watch his Alabama Crimson Tide play football and it will be Sunday before he tries it.