PDA

View Full Version : sure would be nice...

TxPyr8
12-18-2009, 06:24 AM
...if a few other nets like NFL, sci-fi and a few others would follow history, bio , E channel, and broadcast FTA. Anybody advertising on one of the fta channels is getting 100% of my attention now a days! ;)

Costactc
12-18-2009, 05:15 PM
As nice as it would be, I don't think your going to see premium programming on fta if people are willing to pay for it in a sub.

TxPyr8
12-21-2009, 09:38 PM
As nice as it would be, I don't think your going to see premium programming on fta if people are willing to pay for it in a sub.

I would hardly call networks I mentioned 'Premium', like HBO, or Cinemax. But... History, Bio, E and Al Jazeera do broadcast on FTA and are also subbed out....lol, I dont really see where Comedy, or Spike would be any more in-demand or valuable than History. They're paid for in subs, and broadcast FTA too.
Plus, there's like hundreds of thousands of FTA testers out there, just awaiting all the advertising open air transmissions would bring....lol

I do agree 100% that we wont ever see premium programming on FTA. A few more 'basics' would be nice though!

Costactc
12-21-2009, 09:47 PM
I would hardly call networks I mentioned 'Premium', like HBO, or Cinemax. But... History, Bio, E and Al Jazeera do broadcast on FTA and are also subbed out....lol, I dont really see where Comedy, or Spike would be any more in-demand or valuable than History. They're paid for in subs, and broadcast FTA too.
Plus, there's like hundreds of thousands of FTA testers out there, just awaiting all the advertising open air transmissions would bring....lol

I do agree 100% that we wont ever see premium programming on FTA. A few more 'basics' would be nice though!

I'm pulling in hundreds of fta channels. What type of setup do you have?

TxPyr8
12-23-2009, 09:02 AM
I'm pulling in hundreds of fta channels. What type of setup do you have?
I have a CNX Nano, Maggie, Vsat Ultra V1 & V2, Nfusion , Coolsat6K and an ole fortec, I too get hundreds of useless channels, and about 4 useful ones. What set up are u using bro?

I forgot, using a 36" fortec ku dish and also have a test chipped VCII board in a old 550 receiver paired with a 12' paraclipse....ummm, thats about it.

Sasquatch
12-23-2009, 03:56 PM
Well TxPyr8 from the equipment you own,,,I see many different options,,,,,Nfusion is down right now but are working on it,,,,,You could get yrself the IX-100 dongle for yr nano,,,,,CS is coming up with the R-Link too,,,,,and or,,,you could start hunting down a BUD,,,,you can find those babies sometimes for free

Cheers,,,

Costactc
12-23-2009, 09:13 PM
I have a CNX Nano, Maggie, Vsat Ultra V1 & V2, Nfusion , Coolsat6K and an ole fortec, I too get hundreds of useless channels, and about 4 useful ones. What set up are u using bro?

I forgot, using a 36" fortec ku dish and also have a test chipped VCII board in a old 550 receiver paired with a 12' paraclipse....ummm, thats about it.

Just to answer your question as to my setup- I have 5 dishes but I only use two of them for fta, my 6' solid and my 10' bud with a wideband coroter for c band circular as well. I'm sorry to hear that you find most fta channels boring.

Gizz-Moes
12-24-2009, 12:32 AM

It would be nice to see more “basic cable” channels available on true FTA, but I don’t think this will happen anytime soon.
There was talk a while back about having many basic channels available on one satellite for free viewing. These were going to be 100% commercial sponsored, an advertisement banner running constantly or very intense commercial breaks. These talks never materialized.

From your list of equipment you should be set.
If you haven’t already I would use your Coolsat 6000 connected to your 12' BUD, you can use the old analog receiver for dish control.

Not knowing your location another option may be to aim at Amazonas at 61*.
You will need Viewsat Ultra loaded with the latest Telefonica fix, using your Fortec Ku linear dish.

I have read info from a very reliable source (turbopirate) that many good English language channels are available.

Good luck,
Gizz

TurboPirate
12-24-2009, 02:44 AM
It would be nice to see more “basic cable” channels available on true FTA, but I don’t think this will happen anytime soon.
There was talk a while back about having many basic channels available on one satellite for free viewing. These were going to be 100% commercial sponsored, an advertisement banner running constantly or very intense commercial breaks. These talks never materialized.

From your list of equipment you should be set.
If you haven’t already I would use your Coolsat 6000 connected to your 12' BUD, you can use the old analog receiver for dish control.

Not knowing your location another option may be to aim at Amazonas at 61*.
You will need Viewsat Ultra loaded with the latest Telefonica fix, using your Fortec Ku linear dish.

I have read info from a very reliable source (turbopirate) that many good English language channels are available.

Good luck,
Gizz

I hope he is near the south of USA or better yet the Caribbean, use the BUD with Linear Ku Standard or Universal.
This list is not complete. here are the English channels on 61w
Max prime east TP 12132-H-28880
Max prime West-TP-12132-H-28880 Fec auto
HBO West TP 12012-H-28880
HBO Family TP 12132-H-28880
HBO Plus same TP
Cinemax TP 12012
Cinemax West TP-11972-H-26667-fec auto
MovieCity same TP 11972
CityMix same TP 11972
CityStars same 11972
CityFamily same 11972