PDA

View Full Version : Dish Question

Metalmilitia
10-24-2011, 09:02 PM
I have a legit bell subsciption so my sat is a Dish Pro Plus I believe (see picture). I don't want to move my sat because I want my legit BEV to work. Is it possible to get BEV and DISH at same time with the satellite i have? 1176611767

alex.1604
10-24-2011, 09:25 PM
yeah, if you buy another satellite and install it, or you'll have to buy an new antenna that could get d!sh and B3V

If you dont want to move your B3V satellite you could add a second one to get D!sh (pointing at 110 & 119) and it will be something like this:

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ9aS9ZVF1Tqzc1CpyjK_c8tUd7helsi Ws9C1LLzqRYV6Qm2gw2OrZoFQ9_Zw

or like this (default Bell satellite and added a second one for 110 and 119):

http://www.bigbluesatellite.com/Jason_.jpg

But if you want B3V and D!sh in the same antenna it will be something like this

http://www.21stcenturyent.com/catalog/images/Roc%20Dish.jpg

or like this:

http://antennatv.weebly.com/uploads/2/1/8/3/2183920/7667346.jpg

stman
10-24-2011, 09:32 PM
I moved your post to the appropriate section and renamed it for you. What I would do is run the Bell output going to your FTA receiver into one side of a 22khz switch, run the output from the DN dish to the other side of the 22khz switch, then run the output to your receiver. Your would then setup your port settings for each separate dish as normal, the only difference would be that you would also set one dish for the 22khz to be ON (it would need to be connected to the ON input of the switch. *** You can't simply add lnbs to your existing dish without repointing it and you would lose quality on some sats if you did. You also should use DP lnbs as it's not good to mix lnb types in a setup.

Terryl
10-24-2011, 09:41 PM
I think he mentioned that he has a BEV sub receiver and a FTA receiver, I don't know if the BEV receiver will play nice with a 22 KHz switch.

If he is trying to run the FTA and BEV receivers off the same two dishes then he would need a 4 x 4 switch.

And not being that familiar with BEV equipment I don't know if a standard 4 x 4 switch would work with a Subbed BEV receiver do you Stman?

stman
10-24-2011, 09:55 PM
Since the 22khz switch wouldn't be on an output involving the Bell receiver. only the FTA receiver, it shouldn't matter.

stman
10-24-2011, 10:08 PM
As far as I know, only Directv receivers use 4 x 4 switching.

dino-
10-24-2011, 10:36 PM
depending on what channels you want you may want to look into a dish 1000 as it is made so you can get 110/119/129

you would want 129 if you want hd channels on dn

WillDekkard
10-25-2011, 04:42 AM
I have a legit bell subsciption so my sat is a Dish Pro Plus I believe (see picture). I don't want to move my sat because I want my legit BEV to work. Is it possible to get BEV and DISH at same time with the satellite i have? 1176611767

In order to get DISH, you will need a dish pointed at DISH sats. In order to help you we need a little more information. DishPro Twin LNB will have 2 outputs and a Twin DishPro Plus LNB will have 2 outputs and 1 input - which do you have? (Click on the DN-LNB I.D. link below to help you identify) How many Bell receivers do you have and are any of them dual tuners? How many FTA receivers do you have and what models are they? Once you provide all this info, a switch layout can be suggested. :thumbsup:

Metalmilitia
10-25-2011, 10:37 AM
My bell receiver is dual tuner I believe, it's the latest PVR model and right before the cable gets to the receiver it's splits and goes into 2 spots on receiver. Right now I just disconnect the bell receiver and plug it into fta receiver when I want to switch. If there's a easier way to have them both connected let me know, that would be great. I'll probably just get another satellite installed unless someone can tell me a good private server that has BEV HD+ppv's on the bev channels.

stman
10-25-2011, 11:18 AM
There will be another output on the DPP dish. Run a cable from that to your FTA receiver.